***BLACK FRIDAY SALES Until December 1, 2021
***Updated iPhone Universal Version
***ADDED STREAM FROM EXTERNAL SSD DRIVE
- Requires 2.5 GB space on device for temporary storage
- Requires an external SSD Drive. Thumb or SD drives won't work.
- Verify that the external SSD drive works first before purchasing. Storing on the iPad is still an option.
- External Offline Installation available here: https://gospelmusicians.com/nsk-studio2-ios-downloads.html
Neo-Soul Keys® Studio 2 is the next evolution in electric piano sounds and effects from Gospel Musicians, which features a complete architecture overhaul using our new Pure Synth® structure and licensed VKFX effects. Our goal with version 2 was to add more high quality electric pianos, effects, and features by combining the organic sound of samples, along with the flexibility in editing options from a synthesizer. With both of these features, Neo-Soul Keys® Studio 2 will be the most complete electric piano library ever created.
BRAND NEW UPDATED FEATURES:
▪ External Drive for Sample Storage
▪ BlueTooth MiDI Capable
▪ iCloud Backup and Sharing of Presets
▪ Enhanced AUv3 Preset Resizing
▪ Expansion Pack Banners and Branding
▪ Metal support, Faster UI, Faster loading, and major CPU Updates
▪ Two Mode MIDI Program Change
• Standalone and AUv3/IAA
• iFX Rack Built-In with Independent Preset System
• 21 GB (8.4 GB Downloadable Lossless Compression)
• Ability to download individual EPs to save space
• 145 Total Sounds
• 28 Full Electric Piano Sounds
• 26 Total Effects (20 more than version 1)
• 94 Effects Presets
• 130 Electric Piano Presets
8 New Electric Pianos
- Nu Suitcase - A perfectly tuned and manicured suitcase that represents the clean and beautiful side, with beautiful bell tine noises in the low velocities. This EP was sampled from the DI, suitcase speakers, and mic’d ambient harp and comes in a DI and fully concatenated stereo version with all of the tonal goodness from each source.
- Suitcase 88 - This is another clean suitcase with a very unique and interesting tine attack. This is great for tine lovers.
- Nu Mark I Stage - This is a very clean and dark sounding Stage EP. The uniqueness in this piano lies in the incredibly deep and rich lows with a ton of bark and expression.
- Dilluh Stage - Sampled from JFILT from Very Sick Beats who one of the top Neo-Soul Hip-Hop producers on YouTube. This EP is perfect for Hip-Hop, Jazz, Neo-Soul, and that J-Dilla, Roots, Slum vibe. It is clean with quirks, which makes it ideal for that dirty stuff.
- Nu Mark V - We updated our Mark V with a super clean and chocolaty smooth sound. The expression is amazing and barks tremendously.
- Mark III Tines - This is for tine lovers who absolutely love the sound of tines, which is reminiscent of a Mark III sound.
- Nu Wurly - This is a perfectly manicured, maintained, and serviced Wurly piano that can fit with any type of genre.
- D’Ang CP70 - There would be no soul, without the sound of recording artist D’Angelo, who often performs live on a Yamaha CP70 Electric Grand.
New UI Features
• One-Click Easy Preset Saving
• Preset Favorites
• Scrollable and Resizable AUv3 with resizable preset menu
• Easy to navigation controls
• Beautiful Hi-Res graphic images
• Quick Effect controls
New Sound Control Features
• Mega Detune - Ability to slightly detune each key group for fattening
• Quick Mute and Solo for each sound for easy mixing
• New Sound selection for quick sound search
• Auto-Preset Sound Select - pre-programmed sounds
• Ability to load any sound to any slot
• Ability to load the same sound twice for amazing stacking and detuning
• Global micro-tuning, transpose, octave, and velocity curve for heavy hands.
• Random playmode option to random play the sounds for more realism
• Autosave function to never loose changes on a preset
• Range and Velocity zones with crossfading
• Velocity amount control with different volume curves.
Hardware: >2GHz and >1GB RAM
- Fixed issue with Mark VII expansion Crashing
Ratings and Reviews
This app is the most detailed electric piano simulation available. I’ve owned several Rhodes and a Wurlitzer 200A and a CP-70 and they have nailed the sound of these instruments. I have had the most success using it with my iPhone 12 mini running iOS 14. I have also used the iPad OS version on my iPad Pro(original 9.7”) with an external SSD. It has an older processor and seems to be a little slower loading sounds than the iPhone 12 Mini. It’s still awesome but requires a more detailed setup. I use a Puc+ connected to my Casio PX S3000 to send the wireless midi to the iPhone 12 Mini. You can also edit all the presets to your heart’s desire. I mean every little detail of the sound is editable and mixable. Honestly though, I can’t think of any presets I would want to change. If you have the storage space available on your iPhone and you want the best recreation of these electromechanical instruments than this is the app to get. One last thing. You don’t have to load all of the available sounds if you don’t want to. You can also store presets in the cloud and use the Apple Files app to save storage space. 🙂
The Best Just Got Better
By far, this is the best EP simulator in the App Store. Previously that title belonged to NSK 1. This upgraded version takes things into hyperdrive. I love the ability to stack patches and presets to create gorgeous new textures, and the vast improvements to the effects section! Also, it’s really cool how this iteration of NSK contains homages to familiar keyboard sounds used by great Neo-Soul figures like the singer, D’Angelo and the producer, J Dilla. Speaking of sounds? Fantastic. Full, rich, lush, elegant, detailed, creamy, sweet- those adjectives come to mind. I’m gonna be using this app and Pure Synth for a live tv taping with a music ensemble in the morning and will also be using it to do recording in Cubasis later this week. Outstanding work, Jamal. Keep up the great work!
I’ve enjoyed the detailed focus on sound design. One of the best apps for covering electric pianos hands down.
Just one question, are owners of the iPad app able to download the recently released unified app for iPhone without charge? In the App Store on iPhone, the app is not showing under purchased tab and when searched, displays purchase price. I’ve seen this behavior on other universal apps and when downloading the iPhone version even though there is a displayed cost, when the download is processed, ends up being no cost.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- MIDIculous LLC
- 808.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Mark VII EP Expansion $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.