***ADDED THE OPTIONAL ABILITY TO STREAM FROM EXTERNAL SSD DRIVE***
- Requires 2.5 GB space on device for temporary storage
- Requires an external SSD Drive. Thumb or SD drives won't work.
- Verify that the external SSD drive works first before purchasing. Storing on the iPad is still an option.
- External Offline Installation available here: https://gospelmusicians.com/nsk-studio2-ios-downloads.html
Neo-Soul Keys® Studio 2 is the next evolution in electric piano sounds and effects from Gospel Musicians, which features a complete architecture overhaul using our new Pure Synth® structure and licensed VKFX effects. Our goal with version 2 was to add more high quality electric pianos, effects, and features by combining the organic sound of samples, along with the flexibility in editing options from a synthesizer. With both of these features, Neo-Soul Keys® Studio 2 will be the most complete electric piano library ever created.
• Standalone and AUv3/IAA
• iFX Rack Built-In with Independent Preset System
• 21 GB (8.4 GB Downloadable Lossless Compression)
• Ability to download individual EPs to save space
• 145 Total Sounds
• 28 Full Electric Piano Sounds
• 26 Total Effects (20 more than version 1)
• 94 Effects Presets
• 130 Electric Piano Presets
8 New Electric Pianos
- Nu Suitcase - A perfectly tuned and manicured suitcase that represents the clean and beautiful side, with beautiful bell tine noises in the low velocities. This EP was sampled from the DI, suitcase speakers, and mic’d ambient harp and comes in a DI and fully concatenated stereo version with all of the tonal goodness from each source.
- Suitcase 88 - This is another clean suitcase with a very unique and interesting tine attack. This is great for tine lovers.
- Nu Mark I Stage - This is a very clean and dark sounding Stage EP. The uniqueness in this piano lies in the incredibly deep and rich lows with a ton of bark and expression.
- Dilluh Stage - Sampled from JFILT from Very Sick Beats who one of the top Neo-Soul Hip-Hop producers on YouTube. This EP is perfect for Hip-Hop, Jazz, Neo-Soul, and that J-Dilla, Roots, Slum vibe. It is clean with quirks, which makes it ideal for that dirty stuff.
- Nu Mark V - We updated our Mark V with a super clean and chocolaty smooth sound. The expression is amazing and barks tremendously.
- Mark III Tines - This is for tine lovers who absolutely love the sound of tines, which is reminiscent of a Mark III sound.
- Nu Wurly - This is a perfectly manicured, maintained, and serviced Wurly piano that can fit with any type of genre.
- D’Ang CP70 - There would be no soul, without the sound of recording artist D’Angelo, who often performs live on a Yamaha CP70 Electric Grand. A CP70 sample library is a rare find and could easily cost half the price of this library alone, so we sampled a well manicured and serviced version, which sounds amazing. The sources sampled were the DI, AMP, and an XY Mic for the ambient tone. The result is a beautifully sampled version that will give you that classic D’Angelo live sound.
New UI Features
• One-Click Easy Preset Saving
• Preset Favorites
• Scrollable and Resizable AUv3 with resizable preset menu
• Easy to navigation controls
• Beautiful Hi-Res graphic images
• Quick Effect controls
New Sound Control Features
• Mega Detune - Ability to slightly detune each key group for fattening
• Quick Mute and Solo for each sound for easy mixing
• New Sound selection for quick sound search
• Auto-Preset Sound Select - pre-programmed sounds
• Ability to load any sound to any slot
• Ability to load the same sound twice for amazing stacking and detuning
• Global micro-tuning, transpose, octave, and velocity curve for heavy hands.
• Random playmode option to random play the sounds for more realism
• Autosave function to never loose changes on a preset
• Range and Velocity zones with crossfading
• Velocity amount control with different volume curves.
Ratings and Reviews
Sounding really awesome so far
I’ve just scratched the surface with this app, but it’s sounding really awesome so far. I had a bit of trouble getting my iPad to connect to my external drive (LaCie 1T Rugged USB-C + USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive) I simply needed a powered usb hub. I’m expecting to use this a lot. It sounds really incredible! Thanks Jamal and Gospelmusicians.com!
The Best Just Got Better
By far, this is the best EP simulator in the App Store. Previously that title belonged to NSK 1. This upgraded version takes things into hyperdrive. I love the ability to stack patches and presets to create gorgeous new textures, and the vast improvements to the effects section! Also, it’s really cool how this iteration of NSK contains homages to familiar keyboard sounds used by great Neo-Soul figures like the singer, D’Angelo and the producer, J Dilla. Speaking of sounds? Fantastic. Full, rich, lush, elegant, detailed, creamy, sweet- those adjectives come to mind. I’m gonna be using this app and Pure Synth for a live tv taping with a music ensemble in the morning and will also be using it to do recording in Cubasis later this week. Outstanding work, Jamal. Keep up the great work!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.