So you think you are good at Solitaire? Prove it with Nerts! Nerts is the action-packed card game that lets you compete against virtual opponents for the ace piles in a race to get rid of your cards and gain the most points.
As you get faster, increase the skill level and number of opponents to intensify the challenge!
Carefully designed by a life-long Nerts fan, it features all the essentials. Watch out, this game may be addicting!
- 64-bit compatibility
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's almost as fun as the real thing, if the bugs weren't so bad.
Nerts is easily one of my most favorite card games. When I discovered this app I was thrilled.
However, this app is far from perfect.
When the game is paused and the screen shut-off, the pause menu doesn't go away when you press resume. Now, the pause menu doesn't go away for me, even when I start a new game. It is also very easy for the computer to get you caught in a loop of "Stuck." yes, I'm aware this happens in a real game, but it happens so often in this app, you'll eventually come across this bug if you purchase this app.
If you are considering purchasing this app, wait until they fix the bugs.
My family has played Nerts for the past 40 years and I always thought we were alone or made it up. It's great to know that there are others out there. I love the app, and it's very similar in game play to real live play. I have some suggestions to consider for future upgrades:
1) Add sounds. Part of the fun of the real game is the frenetic yelling and screaming that takes place as the tensions rise, like when you narrowly miss placing a card. The trash-talk is great, and the sound of the cards hitting the table would be a fun addition. It would be sweet to have the option to turn up and scale the amount of sound effects you hear.
2) Game Center support. I bought the iPhone version too so that I could play my kids on other iPhones, but that's only through Bluetooth. It would be awesome to have live tournaments with extended family in other states.
3) Running totals for long tournaments. I'd like a way to keep a record of wins/losses and who was playing.
4) On the iPhone when playing someone else via bluetooth there can only be one computer apparently. I'd like to be able to still choose the number of players by adding more computer players.
5) Player names. If there are live players, it would be nice to see their names in the corners so you know if they are the one tossing in a card.
6) Horizontal Orientation. This would be especially nice on the iPad please.
I love the game wish they would fix the glitch
The nerts game is incredibly addictive and fun to play. My only issue with this application is the inability to pause the game. If I choose to pause the game and resume it before pulling up another app or my iPad turning off it works fine. However if I choose to pause the game and resume it at a later time the game menu showing my options to resume, start a new, or end game will not leave the screen. The menu only responds to a new game button therefore erasing the game I had started. This makes this paid app pointless unless you have time to just sit and play through a whole set.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.