At Google Nest, we make products that are beautiful, helpful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and get an alert if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forget to set the alarm? It will notice, and send you a Remind Me alert.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used, and why.
- View and edit your schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you leave home and forget to set the alarm.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – a door or window opening, or someone entering a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. (Requires Wi-Fi and a working internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors, and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Outdoor, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor, and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD video (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- 24/7 video streaming means you’ll never miss a moment.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe, or packages on the ground.
- Knows the difference between a person and a thing.
- Notifies you about visitors, even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen lets you have a seamless conversation with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with prerecorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure connected home.
- Instead of sharing keys, assign passcodes to people you trust in the Nest app.
- Get an alert when someone locks or unlocks the door.
- With Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Won’t connect with Nest Thermostat
I was excited to get this Nest Learning Thermostat! It was a gift. I didn’t need one and having a smart thermostat wasn’t really necessary since I believe the smarter simple things are like a thermostat the more things can go wrong. I’m old school and like things simple. Generally, I’ve found the “smarter” devices are means the more things can and will go wrong. Simple switches don’t break or have issues as much as high tech, smart devices.
Be that as it may, this Nest was a gift so I used it and installed it. Installation was simple enough. It took a while for it to charge up so we didn’t have air conditioning for a while until it “charged up”. Then came the real fun, trying to get the poorly rated app to work with my internet connected smart Nest device. Two days and several wasted hours later, poorly rated app since won’t connect with internet connected Nest.
Setting up the Nest account with my google account was difficult and the G-code too hours to receive. Once the account was made, using the QR reader in the app didn’t work and the app couldn’t find my internet connected Nest. And The entry key number didn’t work either. So now this is just a fancy thermostat that won’t work with the poorly rated app. So, it blows!
Google Controls Your Cameras Now
Apparently Google has decided that they don’t care if you purchased a camera with a specific set of advertised features, if they feel like disabling or modifying them, they will and it’s your loss. Their latest update removed my choice as a consumer to decide if I want a glaring bright blue LED light to be turned on. After years of having my camera mounted inside the glass on my front door, with the LED light off so as to not create a blinding glare or alert intruders to the camera, Google pushed a software update that forced the light on.
You see, they no longer care if a consumer wants control over the devices they purchased. They believe they know what’s best for you, and they’re going to force it on you. When I contacted customer service, I was basically told they decided it was best for me and I’d have to deal with it. Refunding my purchase was not an option.
There are less expensive cameras on the market that have similar feature sets and that aren’t controlled by Google forcing themselves into your home. Choose a company that believes if you purchase a product you should have the right to use the feature that came with it when you purchased it. In other words, someone other than Google.
Terrible. All device connections severed after migration
Dear Google - I am requesting a refund of four nest cameras, two thermostats and five smoke detectors. Thanks to your forced migration your products no longer work. My thermostats go offline or can’t draw power so essentially they die and now my HVAC system got over worked and needs major repairs. My nest cam no longer connects into my iPad, iPhone X, nor Apple TV, only my laptop (sometimes). I get your idea for our security but speaking as someone who works in technology if you remove a functionality, you better have something to offer your consumer in lieu of. Your customer support people are useless. Reading from a script that doesn’t even acknowledge that the update has happened or that the migration causes existing connections to be severed.
Please send me a return box and I will gladly return your products that have stopped working.
I suggest those who have posted a negative review take their complaints to a higher level where google will have to address the issue. Public opinion these days can damage if not destroy a company even google!
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 343.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.