At Google Nest, we make products that are beautiful, helpful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and get an alert if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forget to set the alarm? It will notice, and send you a Remind Me alert.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used, and why.
- View and edit your schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you leave home and forget to set the alarm.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – a door or window opening, or someone entering a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. (Requires Wi-Fi and a working internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors, and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Outdoor, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor, and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD video (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- 24/7 video streaming means you’ll never miss a moment.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe, or packages on the ground.
- Knows the difference between a person and a thing.
- Notifies you about visitors, even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen lets you have a seamless conversation with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with prerecorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure connected home.
- Instead of sharing keys, assign passcodes to people you trust in the Nest app.
- Get an alert when someone locks or unlocks the door.
- With Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great, intuitive, useful app for a great product (Nest thermostat).
I bought this thermostat at the same time I replaced my HVAC system a couple weeks ago, but I wish I'd gotten one sooner. I'm sure I've already saved money, because the learning function has already made it WAY easier to maintain a comfortable temperature, and I don't forget that I have the AC or heat on, and overshoot a comfortable temperature. I was really impressed how quickly it learned my habits, and began preempting my changes, so I find I'm quickly losing the habit of constantly thinking about the temperature, and I haven't found myself uncomfortable enough to be reminded since about day 2. It's really cool to be able to control it from my phone, but I find the more technical controls useful, and the data it records and aggregates is just as interesting and useful. I know this is supposed to be a review for the app, not the thermostat, but it's really just an aspect of the same product, so I believe it's relevant. It IS a solid, intuitive app, user friendly & well laid out, and it's an app for an undeniably great product.
Pricey, but absolutely worth it.
Needs hold feature and to be night shift worker friendly
Don’t get me wrong I love nest and nest products they are great. However, I have the Nest E and I wish that there was a temperature hold feature for this or something similar to that. I have attempted to troubleshoot this problem by clearing out The schedule and setting it two times but it always reverts back to Eco or the temperature goes up. I work nights which means I sleep during the day and since I live in a hot dry air and state waking up at 1300 hrs drenched in sweat because The thermostat and the app didn’t talk to each other showing my location and the thermostat were in the same place; the schedule that I set up wasn’t followed; or the fact that the thermostat did not detect any motion for an extended period of time. Not only is this a problem when I am sleeping on my work days as a nurse, but it’s also a problem on my off days when I just want to spend the morning in bed and after six or 7 AM it throws the temperature up to 86°.
Google developers I know you can fix this and I hope you can even if it means downloading firmware to help and upgrading the app. I also know that these are changing times and more people are at home so even more now than ever the thermostat doesn’t know what the hell it’s doing because we are all home now. But you would really help an ER nurse out if you could truly get this fixed on the Nest E and other thermostat.
The products themselves are excellent quality. But this app is a huge disappointment. It has such a high latency rate - you open the app and it takes 45 seconds to load up to the main menu. (It’s not my wifi or cellular connection) So let’s consider this: your doorbell rings. You open the app, wait 45 seconds, then navigate to the doorbell where you can access the microphone and begin talking. At that point, the interaction time has been about 55 seconds. Most people, after ringing a doorbell, won’t stay at the door that long, thus by the time I can finally get to the mic the person is gone and the feature is no longer useful. Additionally, it’s a pain to guard nest guard with the app. I’ll tap the shield and it will load for 30 seconds and then say it can’t connect. I do it again. Can’t connect. After 5 or 6 times it will FINALLY arm the system. A last complaint I have is that nest is no longer integrated with HomeKit. It was previously before the company was purchased by Google. I get that Google instead wants you to use the Google home system however, as an avid Apple user, it’s frustrating to have to use 2 systems. We chose Nest because the physical products are far beyond the competition but there are some serious rooms for improvement for this application. Reduce network calls on app launch, considering auditing latency for the app and see where the problem lies, and please integrate with HomeKit.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 333.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 10.2 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-20 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.