At Google Nest, we make products that are beautiful, helpful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and get an alert if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forget to set the alarm? It will notice, and send you a Remind Me alert.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used, and why.
- View and edit your schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you leave home and forget to set the alarm.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – a door or window opening, or someone entering a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. (Requires Wi-Fi and a working internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors, and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Outdoor, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor, and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD video (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- 24/7 video streaming means you’ll never miss a moment.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe, or packages on the ground.
- Knows the difference between a person and a thing.
- Notifies you about visitors, even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen lets you have a seamless conversation with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with prerecorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure connected home.
- Instead of sharing keys, assign passcodes to people you trust in the Nest app.
- Get an alert when someone locks or unlocks the door.
- With Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth.
As part of our continued commitment to privacy, we’re changing how the status lights function on Nest cameras and Dropcams. Starting today, the ability to turn off the status light for Nest Cams and Nest Hello will be removed. Instead, you’ll be able to dim the status light. For Dropcam, the setting to turn off the status light will be removed.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve had them since drop cam days. They’ve been around for ever and the entire experience is just disappointing. You would think that they would spend some more time developing the app, and trying to make things a little bit faster and easier. Over the years they have, however everything is still so slow to load. The app takes for ever and it’s difficult navigating The playback features on your iPhone. I also have the thermostat. I’ve turned off every sensor that auto adjust the temperature, however every night I set my thermostat to 73, and every morning I wake up and it’s at 77. Tried calling customer service, good luck trying to get a hold of somebody. Like I said they need to get it together I’m looking for another solution right now.
Update: they took away the ability to turn the status light off. This is terrible. This company is going the wrong way. Terrible.
Great camera and easy to install!
Before I bought our Nest camera I was looking at both it and the Ring doorbell. The nest had way better reviews and it was part of the google home. It was easy to set up and if you have an existing doorbell it was simple, just connect the wires to it. It’s small and sleek and never have had a problem with it. They give you a trial run to use their cloud service. Had to call custom service a few times because I had trouble setting up my debit card. It wasn’t taking it at first. They helped me through it and even gave me a free months service for the trouble. They called to follow up to make sure everything went okay. Have had it for over almost 2 years and have not had any problems with it.
Google destroyed my expensive hardware
Need a reason to avoid all IoT gear? DropCam/Nest/Google is a case study on the subject. I was happy as George Jetson with my DropCam and Nest thermostat for the first couple years. Then Google of all companies buys them out. It’s worse than getting your mortgage flipped to Wells Fargo. Now Google controls hardware for which I paid good money. Now they issue the updates, make decisions and choose priorities. My gear no longer even resembles the products I bought. What if you bought a Porsche, and a few years down the road, they remotely and arbitrarily disabled half the cylinders?
I have ten gmail accounts. This latest update has convinced me to distance myself from Google as much as possible.
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 343.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.