At Google Nest, we make products that are beautiful, helpful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and get an alert if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forget to set the alarm? It will notice, and send you a Remind Me alert.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used, and why.
- View and edit your schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you leave home and forget to set the alarm.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – a door or window opening, or someone entering a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. (Requires Wi-Fi and a working internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors, and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Outdoor, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor, and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD video (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- 24/7 video streaming means you’ll never miss a moment.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe, or packages on the ground.
- Knows the difference between a person and a thing.
- Notifies you about visitors, even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen lets you have a seamless conversation with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with prerecorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure connected home.
- Instead of sharing keys, assign passcodes to people you trust in the Nest app.
- Get an alert when someone locks or unlocks the door.
- With Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love My Nest Cameras
i have had my nest cameras for about a year & a half and i would recommend them to anyone! the quality of both the video & audio is still amazing to me.
i bought the cameras after having a recurring issue with a neighbor & their teenagers. it was not long before the cameras put an end to the ongoing issue. the teens were in rare form one day, yelling obsenities & making crude gestures. then they called their mom & said i was harrassing them. when she got home i walked across the street with my cell phone. both cameras caught the entire episode. at one point the teens were out of view of the cameras, but the AUDIO was still captured of them threatening to destroy my cameras.
i have not had an issue since then. the cameras were a lifesaver!
on another occasion, my mailbox had been hit, so i just scrolled back through the video & there it was. a landscaping truck had taken it out. i simply called the company, forwarded the video & they replaced my mailbox.
i am a single woman, so the cameras give me peace of mind. they have paid for themselves many times over!
Needs hold feature and to be night shift worker friendly
Don’t get me wrong I love nest and nest products they are great. However, I have the Nest E and I wish that there was a temperature hold feature for this or something similar to that. I have attempted to troubleshoot this problem by clearing out The schedule and setting it two times but it always reverts back to Eco or the temperature goes up. I work nights which means I sleep during the day and since I live in a hot dry air and state waking up at 1300 hrs drenched in sweat because The thermostat and the app didn’t talk to each other showing my location and the thermostat were in the same place; the schedule that I set up wasn’t followed; or the fact that the thermostat did not detect any motion for an extended period of time. Not only is this a problem when I am sleeping on my work days as a nurse, but it’s also a problem on my off days when I just want to spend the morning in bed and after six or 7 AM it throws the temperature up to 86°.
Google developers I know you can fix this and I hope you can even if it means downloading firmware to help and upgrading the app. I also know that these are changing times and more people are at home so even more now than ever the thermostat doesn’t know what the hell it’s doing because we are all home now. But you would really help an ER nurse out if you could truly get this fixed on the Nest E and other thermostat.
I’ve had Honeywell internet-compatible thermostats in my house for nearly six years, and they just stopped communicating with the internet after multiple calls with service. Luckily I got them at Costco! Costco returned them with no issues, and they also happened to have Nest thermostats available too. So I got a full refund for the old thermostats, and bought two new Nest Version 3 thermostats (as my house is divided into two areas). Replacing the first thermostat took a little longer than the second, as it was just getting to know how the unit works and confirming the wire schematic. The first unit connected to my router with no problems, but the second one kept failing at first. I ended up temporarily moving the second unit to the first unit’s location and got it to connect. After I moved it back to its correct location, it was still connecting ok.
The only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 stars was that the actual application kept disconnecting after both thermostats were connected, and several times during installation. It’s almost like it reset, and you’d have to start the install from the beginning again with the Nest app.
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 326.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-20 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.