At Google Nest, we make products that are beautiful, helpful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and get an alert if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forget to set the alarm? It will notice, and send you a Remind Me alert.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used, and why.
- View and edit your schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you leave home and forget to set the alarm.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – a door or window opening, or someone entering a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. (Requires Wi-Fi and a working internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors, and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen only.)
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Outdoor, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor, and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD video (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- 24/7 video streaming means you’ll never miss a moment.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe, or packages on the ground.
- Knows the difference between a person and a thing.
- Notifies you about visitors, even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen lets you have a seamless conversation with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with prerecorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure connected home.
- Instead of sharing keys, assign passcodes to people you trust in the Nest app.
- Get an alert when someone locks or unlocks the door.
- With Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Nest outdoor cameras
All of my Nest products have been outstanding except for troubles I experienced with two out of three outdoor cameras that I purchased.
My first outdoor camera started going offline almost immediately after installation. I installed it in Florida and went back up north for the summer. It would not perform and went offline leaving me with a worthless camera for six months. Back home up north, I purchased two more outdoor cameras, the first one I installed performed as expected and gave me no problems. The second one started going offline almost immediately. At first, I thought that it was too far away from the modem. I installed an extender that didn’t help, so I tried a different one but the camera still wouldn’t stay online. I must have installed and reinstalled that camera ten times. After a couple of months of frustration and many calls to Nest, the representative offered to send me a replacement camera. Guess what, upon receiving it, I installed it and the replacement camera worked perfectly!
As soon as I returned to my Florida home, I called and suggested that Nest send me a replacement camera and they did. I installed it and it also worked perfectly right away. I have a suspicion that there may be a problem that Nest needs to address with their outdoor cameras given my experience with them. Thank you Nest for sending me those replacement cameras.
Good thermostat for landlords
First it does what it’s supposed to do. Also tec support is good.
But one of the main reasons I like it is that you can lock the thermostat so that tenants can only raise it to a threshold you program in. For heat I program it at 70 but they can raise it to 72. After a couple of hours it goes back to 70. Also because I have 1 thermostat for 4 apartments I can monitor the other tenants actual room temperature with the remote sensors.
I enjoy peaking on my phone to see if everything is working properly. Once I figured out that the apartment with the thermostat was running a space heater. I realized this by looking at the thermostats temperature and seeing the other apartments where colder.
Also I once realized before anyone called me that the boiler had a issue. A pipe had developed a leak and would run a few minutes and turn off. It saved me from a lot of water damage. It would be great if the nest realized something was wrong. But if you keep a eye on it, it can give you a lot of information.
One small thing that makes a big difference to me
The app itself works well. There are periods of time through the year where I would just like to run the fan on my furnace without being in heating or cooling mode. The nest thermostat can run the fan by itself, but when doing so it must be in heating or cooling mode. In spring, I like to circulate cool air from the basement through the house. I also like to leave windows open for fresh air, and circulate that air too. There are days where it’s 80* during the day and 50* at night. These are perfect days to leave windows open and periodically run the fan. However, for this to work with the nest, I have to set the cooling mode on and use a cooling set point above 80* to make sure the air conditioning isn’t coming on wastefully while windows are open. It’s not the end of the world, but an item that I believe should be simple functionality that would bring me to like the product better. If it worked as I would like it to, I could check in on the temperature with the app and run the fan during the day, without having to mess around and closely monitor temperatures.
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 359.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.