The best WiFi manager, analyzer, scanner, heatmapper, and planner!
NetSpot is best known for its real-time WiFi networks analysis through its updated Wi-Fi Inspector, great wireless visualizations within WiFi Site Surveys of existing networks, and its all-new Wi-Fi Planning Mode that lets you simulate your future WiFi coverage with its powerful new predictive surveys.
Collect and analyze data on surrounding wireless networks, see the realistic WiFi coverage, conduct wireless site surveys, visualize data, plan Wifi, fix existing and prevent various future WiFi issues.
Setting up a reliable WiFi network is a must, but not always easy. Possible obstructions in the way of getting a steady signal can include interference from already existing networks in the area, noise from electronic devices, structural materials, user density, etc. While you can experiment until you find the optimal positioning for your access points, NetSpot is a faster and more effective solution!
NetSpot WiFi Analyzer efficiently detects and visualizes all WiFi networks around you, determines wireless signal strength and its other parameters, identifies possible Wi-Fi interference.
NetSpot generates more than 20 different WiFi heatmap visualizations:
* Internet speed
* Signal-to-noise ratio
* Signal level
* Signal-to-interference ratio
* Wi-Fi troubleshooting and more
* Full-featured Wi-Fi Inspector mode for real-time analysis (free)
* Active and passive WiFi Site Surveys (in-app)
* WiFi Planning (in-app)
* 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi standards support
* 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz bands support
* Conveniently organize your Wi-Fi surveys and planning projects in zones with multiple snapshots
* Flexible Access Point management, custom aliases and grouping
* Advanced data and project export
* Detection and scan of hidden wireless networks
NETSPOT IS INCREDIBLY HELPFUL FOR...
* Refining your wireless network performance
* Planning of future WiFi networks
* Reducing time and cost of WiFi network setup and maintenance
* Looking for signal leaks
* Resolving channel conflicts
* Extending WiFi coverage
* Preventing excessive signal level outside of the desired area
* Monitoring WiFi and ensuring proper access control
* Analyzing the coverage of neighboring networks
* Detecting problematic areas in your WiFi coverage
* Providing recommendations for network improvements
NetSpot is fast, reliable and very simple to use. Great for network experts, easy enough for beginners. Unlock the full potential of your existing or future WiFi networks with NetSpot Home or PRO, available as in-apps.
NetSpot Free Edition:
* WiFi Inspector
* Sample WiFi Surveys
* Sample WiFi Planning
NetSpot Home Edition:
* WiFi Inspector
* WiFi Surveys: 2 zones per project, 2 snapshots per zone, 50 data points per snapshot, 3 major visualizations
NetSpot PRO Edition:
* WiFi Inspector
* WiFi Surveys: 50 zones per project, 50 snapshots per zone, 500 data points per snapshot, all visualizations
* WiFi Planning
Great New Features:
· Predictive Wi-Fi surveys: an all-new extensive toolbox to plan future Wi-Fi networks; includes simulative installation of various wireless routers, space layout creation with standard building materials, and more
· Redesigned user interface for an outstanding user experience
· Full support of 6Ghz wireless networks
· Optimized for macOS Sonoma
So Many Improvements:
· Faster scanning in Survey mode
· 5x faster heatmap generation for multiple heatmap types and project sizes
· The new survey projects are cross-platform
· Discover Mode is now Wi-Fi Inspector
· More filtering options in Inspector, plus the ability to save preferred filters
· New project home screen: projects are now conveniently displayed as thumbnails, providing for easy view and access
· Reports have been reworked and enhanced for an even more comprehensive data layout
· Active scanning (measuring the download and upload speeds) was greatly improved
· Lots of subtle fixes, UI and backend enhancements throughout
Ratings and Reviews
good wifi analyzer and singal strength mapper
This is not just an efficient Wi-Fi analyzer; it also enables users to site survey buildings and receive reports detailing areas of weak and strong Wi-Fi signal strength. One aspect I personally find lacking is the ability to quickly create floor plans using AI and a smartphone, with just a couple of clicks. I find the built-in floor plan builder somewhat tricky to use
Efficient Wi-Fi mapping
I was able to create an impressive Wi-Fi heatmap for my office, which helped identify areas with weak Wi-Fi coverage. However, it came at a significant cost, as the free version only functions as a Wi-Fi analyzer, displaying details about surrounding Wi-Fi networks. Overall, this app is effective but can be expensive for the pro version.
Was really looking forward to this feature. Still figuring things out, but looks impressive. The support people are really nice and responsive, which always adds to the value imo.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Etwok Inc
- 20.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Etwok Inc., Delaware, USA
- In-App Purchases
- NetSpot PRO Edition $149.00
- NetSpot Home Edition $49.99