Featured in MacWorld's Mac SuperGuide +++ MacWorld Editors’ Choice in 2012 +++ Editor's Choice by PCMAG and more! Advanced reports available in NetSpot Reporter: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id678464954?mt=12
NetSpot goes far beyond usual WiFi scanning and analysis. NetSpot is the one and only full-featured WiFi site survey software and WiFi scanner on the Mac App Store. NetSpot is also an award-winning WiFi signal mapper and wireless manager.
Exceptional simplicity and affordability make NetSpot the all-in-one WiFi networks detector and analyzer. All you need to run your wireless site survey is your MacBook with native WiFi/AirPort adapter. No special knowledge or hardware required. NetSpot helps anyone conduct a professional WiFi survey of a house, office, cafe, airport, building, or any other area.
We packed the following features into NetSpot for you:
* NetSpot collects and visualizes 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi data
* support for 2.4GHz and 5GHz channel bands
* really simple and fast wireless data aggregation
* comprehensive sleek heatmap visualizations of your WLAN: signal level, signal-to-interference ratio, signal-to-noise ratio, etc
* predictive automatic location of access points
* lots of data collected on every network: AP name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), vendor, channel, signal levels, encryption and more
* export of detailed reports into PDF
You will find NetSpot incredibly useful for:
* improving your wireless network performance
* reducing time and costs of maintaining or deploying WiFi networks
* finding signal leakages
* resolving channel conflicts
* managing site expansion
* preventing excessive signal level outside of desired area
* WiFi monitoring and access control
* analysis of neighboring networks coverage
- Added full support for macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Other minor improvements and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Note- This version is old
Be aware that this is an old version of the software. I am waiting to hear from the developers company as to what I purchased here in the Apple App Store, and the free version on the developers’ website, and if there is any refund for this $7.99 old version.
Great tool overall. All you need is your mac and this software to complete a WiFi survey. After a walking around it provides a heat map showing signal and the signal to noise ratio. It also shows any other networks in the area. So its easy to see what networks may be causing interference around you.
Best WiFi app for Mac
This is the best WiFi environment mapping app that I have found for the Mac. It has the technical info for a network tech person and allows one to see the signal info for each WiFi network in range from each scan location layered on your own building map. Very Nice.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.