A network status app for Apple iOS — discover which servers and ports are being used on iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®. Monitor your device’s TCP connections for uploads and downloads (IPv4 only) and export the list as CSV. Very useful for programmers, developers and curious users! You can use Netstat’s in-app feedback if you have questions or ideas.
!!! IMPORTANT: Apple has blocked Netstat’s functionality as of iOS 10.0 !!!
Features available on iOS 9 and earlier include:
• View connections live.
• View host address and name, port description.
• View connection duration, idle time and round-trip time.
• View bytes received & sent per connection, host and port.
• View connection activity timeline (busy/idle history).
• Hear audio alerts for new and ongoing connections.
• “Delta Mode” shows new activity only.
• Sort connections by your preferred criteria.
• Export list as CSV to iTunes, apps and e-mail.
• Host connectivity test button.
• Export up to 48 hours of connection history.
• Look up IP address WHOIS and port info.
• Identify interfaces as ‘Cellular’, ‘Wi-Fi’, or ‘VPN’.
• Built-in Help.
Some features require in-app purchase.
►Important Notice: This version is compatible with iOS 9 and earlier only. Apple has blocked its functionality in iOS 10.0.◀
Here’s what you get for free:
• Updated for iOS 5.
• Revised display format: port labels now appear first.
• Bugfixes & internal compatibility changes.
• Minor cosmetic changes.
What’s New with In-App Purchase:
• If you already paid for “All Features”, these have been added for free:
• Audio mode: beeps on connection activity, can play in background.
• Delta mode: filters the list to show new activity only.
• Custom sort order (by most recent activity, duration of activity, number of bytes downloaded/uploaded, server IP address/port).
• IP address display mode.
NB for existing users: if you get a message that “Netstat could not save your data. Your device might be full” this is actually due to a schema change. Simply tap Erase.
NB. Some worldwide hardware variations may still see connections listed as being very long (a hundred hours). Please report this using in-app feedback so that I can find out which models are affected. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
Works pretty well...but not at all on iOS 10
Doesn't run on iOS 10. (I'm not sure if there's an API allowing this any more.)
As a snapshot of connections, this app is decent. It's not so great for history or to monitor activity in real time, though it's possible to view the history by opening the CSV file in Numbers. That said, I did pay for the app; I don't remember what the limitations of the free version were.
It hasn't been updated in a long time, though it still works under iOS 8.3.
Misleading-free version doesn't do crap
This is not free, that is misleading. The screenshots are from the paid version. The free version only shows connections to the ad server network for the ads in this app and a mail connection. I opened a few apps, playing music on one now but it doesn't show in the list of open ports. Stop with the trickery. List it as free and show the actual screens in the free version, and list your paid version with its screens separately. Don't bait me. I also suspect the developer wrote all the five star ratings or those people are clueless.
Great app, but...
I love Netstat and have been using it for years as part of my network troubleshooting routine. That being said, I wish and hope that the developer adds an update to add more functionality, and to take advantage of iOS 7's features.
Update: We're now up to iOS 9. Please, I beseech the developers, update the program.
The developer, James Devenish, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- James Devenish
- 1.7 MB
- Requires iOS 3.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 3.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 3.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2012 James Devenish
- In-App Purchases
- All Features $3.99
- Connection Details $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.