Network Analyzer is a lite version of Network Analyzer Pro - an advanced tool for network diagnostics, LAN scanning and problem detection.
Network Analyzer can help you diagnose various problems with your wifi network setup and Internet connectivity thanks to the tools it provides.
It is equipped with a fast wifi device discovery tool, including all the LAN device's addresses and names. Further, arbitrary device's reachability can be tested with the provided ping tool. Finally, it displays various useful information related to your wifi/cell connection.
WIFI LAN SCANNER
• Fast detection of all network devices
• IP address of discovered devices
• NetBIOS, mDNS (Bonjour), LLMNR or DNS name where available
• Pingability test of discovered devices
• Detection of IPv6 availability
• Round trip delay testing including the server's IP address and hostname
• Support of both for IPv4 and IPv6
• Country detection of the analyzed server
• Default gateway, external IP (v4 and v6), DNS server
• Wifi network information such as SSID, BSSID, IP address (v4 and v6), and subnet mask
• Cell network information such as IP address, network provider, MCC, MNC
• Full support of IPv6
• Detailed help
• Regular updates
• minor stability fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Application does what I need to provide basic network address information within program limits. iOS device ID does not give descriptors of most devices found under Wi-Fi or LAN Scan due to protocol regulations. I identify devices by elimination, ie unplug power to device, rescan devices after I listed them, identify which IP address is missing, then attach that device name on my list. Not always practical, yet I can determine out of five devices which IP is assigned to which device. I also can see how many connected devices are in my network. Feb 2022 Portland USA.
Nice little network tool
I have a few IOT security devices on my network and run virtual machines in a home computer lab, so it's important to see what's connected to my network and what IP address has been assigned. This does that quickly. If there are any unauthorized devices, I want to know that too. It provides other useful info and some debugging ability. I don't have to boot up any computer, log into my router, and poke around various menus just to get some quick info. Quite a useful little app.
Suits Its Purposes
Good IP scanner app, the only drawback that I see so far, and it is worth noting, is that when scanning my home wi-if network the app doesn’t display the MAC addresses of the scanned IP’s. The developers are aware of this and know that it’s because of Apple’s privacy policies. Instead, an in-app message is displayed that since IOS 11 can not access the ARP table, the MAC addresses cannot be displayed. However, My phone is IOS 13 and not IOS 11. So the issue which was present in IOS 11 persists in IOS 13. I may reach out to Apple as suggested and reference the bug report helpfully given in the FAQ. Solid four stars through no fault of the developer(s).
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jiri Techet
- 9.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Jiri Techet