Welcome to Network Canvas!
Most current survey tools are optimized for capturing individual rather than network-level data. Those that do capture network data are often tedious and cumbersome.
Network Canvas is different.
It helps you to capture data about both the individual and their social network through intuitive and engaging touch-optimized interfaces, in a co-production environment. By representing abstract relationships and attributes visually, complex structural data becomes more tangible and simple to capture.
This app is part of a free, open-source suite of tools for the collection of social network data developed through the Complex Data Collective, a registered not-for-profit, and funded by the National Institutes of Health (R01 DA042711). Network Canvas is a collaboration between Northwestern University and the University of Oxford managed out of Northwestern’s Institute for Sexual and Gender Minority Health and Wellbeing.
For documentation, further information about the project, and download links for the other apps in the suite, visit https://networkcanvas.com.
Please see https://github.com/codaco/Network-Canvas/releases/tag/v4.0.1 for extensive release notes.
Please also support this project by providing feedback! To contribute feedback, email our project team at email@example.com.
- Support for four new input types: Slider, DatePicker, Relative Date Picker, and Text Area.
- Slider: An input that allows you to implement a Visual Analog Scale (VAS) on a form.
- DatePicker: This input allows you to capture data information in various resolutions (Year/Month/Day, Year/Month, Year).
- Relative Date Picker: As above, except automatically bounded by distance from an "anchor date". Allows questions such as "Within the past 6 weeks...".
- Text Area: A text input for longer format text entry.
- Support for protocol schema version 3.
- Changed the behavior of the finish interview screen to not default to deleting the interview session on finish.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.