Network Ping is a software test tool for maintaining and debugging network problems on a local area network (LAN). Get an easy view for a full subnet on a single screen. Look at the screen to the left displaying the status for devices 192.168.2.0 - 192.168.2.255. Green and the device is working, yellow, there is a problem, and red, the device is not any longer on the LAN.
Need telnet access to a router, no problem, a Telnet console application is also included.
Compared to the Lite version the full version has:
- Up to 400 entries can be saved in the device list, the lite version is limited to 4
- Telnet to any port
- Subnet ping is not interrupted after 255 ping request.
- Ping a single IP address
- Ping a subnet to give an overview for 253 IP addresses
- Traceroute, to determine the route taken by packets across an IP network
- Telnet console, for simple access to a router or UNIX Server
- Display the iPhone IP address
- Display device name in the ping window.
- Dark mode.
- General bug fixing.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and functional
Simple tool for ping and trace route. Very useful and recently updated with a new and more appealing App logo.
I wish I could change the colors. The new blue on gray is more difficult for me to see.
It's helpful for me...
I really like this. When I can't reach a website, or know if my computer is online while away from home, I can ping my home network, and since I use another gr8t app, PC2Me, it's helpful to know if someone (like my kids) have shut down my PC so they can get more bandwidth for their XBox Live account. So then I can call them and tell them, go boot up my PC, I need to access it!!! I think it's a good tool, have not tried out all the features yet, so can't comment on all of them, but the straight up PING works well!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.