NeuBible is a beautiful, modern Bible app.
"An elegant and radically simplified mobile app for the Bible." - Fast Company
"Marries distraction-free design with soul-liberating intentions...reading on NeuBible is comparable to something as seamless as Medium" - PSFK
"NeuBible has raised the bar for reading apps to an astronomical height." - Beautiful Pixels
• Intuitive, gesture-based navigation — Getting around in apps can be so confusing. With NeuBible's spine navigation, it's always easy to remember where you are and what you were doing. Plus, it's always within a thumb's reach, and even easy to use with the larger screens of the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus!
• A beautiful, considered reading experience — We've licensed fonts from Hoefler & Co, Linotype, Commercial Type & DSType, and hand-tuned the margins, line spacing and font sizes to give you as considered a reading experience as you'll find anywhere on iOS.
• Lightweight...AND LIGHTNING FAST — From its insanely quick loading speed, to its inventive use of navigation, everything about NeuBible has been optimized and engineered to get you to books and verses, and get reading as quickly as possible.
• Quick Search — Double tap anywhere while reading to quickly access search and easily find books, keywords, and even jump directly to verses.
• Timeline View — Quickly access your highlighted verses, along with any verse(s) you've bookmarked.
• Easy chapter navigation — Swipe left in the book view or while reading to quickly navigate to other chapters.
• Reading mode customization — Customize your reading experience with control of font formatting and day & night reading modes.
• Reading Reminders — No unwanted push notifications here, just the ones you set yourself.
• Gesture-based verse highlighting — Simply tap, hold, and drag your finger down the screen to highlight and copy verses.
• Make NeuBible your own w/ themes — Since the Bible is one of the most personal reading experiences you'll ever have, we wanted to help you make it feel even more personal. Themes are basically like going to the bookstore and picking out that ONE perfect Bible for yourself when you were a kid...
• iCloud Sync — Keep all of your highlights* and timeline backed up and synced across devices seamlessly with iCloud Sync
*We currently only support iCloud sync for highlights at this time. We've put a lot of thought into this and feel that even though it would be easy to do, given the different places and ways most people use their iPhones and iPads, also syncing reading position and bookmark wouldn't provide the best user experience.
• English Standard Version (ESV)*
• Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
• World English Bible (WEB)
• American Standard Version (ASV)
• King James Version (KJV)
• Common English Bible (CEB)*
• New American Standard Bible (NASB)*
• New International Version (NIV)*
• New King James Version (NKJV)*
*Available via in-app purchase
If you'd like to find out more about the translation licensing process, ask us a question about the ones that are currently available, or send us a request for your favorite translation, you contact us at http://www.neubible.co, on Facebook, or on Twitter at @neubibleco
It's been quite a while but we're back.
With new iPhones, iPads, and different screen sizes, we’ve set out to fill ever pixel on your device. Numerous visual layout bugs were fixed as well on all those new notches.
And surprise! If you're on an iPhone X or newer, you'll get a new true-black dark mode. It's something we're testing out for everyone on those buttery smooth OLED screens. Let us know if you'd like it.
Last but certainly not least, we've fixed the translation bugs you've been emailing about. We've found so many (thanks to your continuous emails) that we’re bound to have missed a few. Please continue to email if you find anything that's off in your favorite translation. Hopefully this makes your Advent reading easier.
We appreciate everyone who has continued to read here in NeuBible. We're thankful for the time you've spent in the Bible with us.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Focus in a Land of Distraction
The NeuBible app is a refreshing spark of intelligent app design. In a market filled apps that try to deliver bible plans and put layers of decisions between the user and the Word, NeuBible does its best to efficiently bring readers back to the Word. The first screen you are shown is a list of the books of the Bible. This makes it simple to quickly access any reference. Chapter selection is as easy as swiping on the title of the book or swiping to the left from the right while reading and scrolling to your chapter of choice. There is a reasonable selection of popular translations. Though, some do cost money.
When you 3D Touch on the app icon you can jump to "Search", "Bookmark", and "Latest Highlight". There are pleasant color, typeface, and visibility options within the app.
The latest update introduced true blacks and fixed a cosmetic bugs. The true blacks are stunning.
Good app - Search function could be better
This is a great app and it’s completely worth the money. I give it four stars because the search function is very frustrating. For instance if you barely remember a verse and want to find it you need to know the full exact word in it. For instance, if you are trying to find Mt 19:12 but don’t remember the book/chapter of it but you do remember Jesus mentioning the word eunuch in that verse, the search function won’t return that verse if you search “eunuch.” He says “eunuchs” (going off KJV) so you have to search that to find it. The search feature also deletes your search term after you select a verse to look at. If you realize it’s not the verse you were thinking of, you have to go back and type it again. This makes it really frustrating to do any kind of serious study in the app other than simple reading. With a really simple fix to the search bar, this app could work great as a concordance. I’d pay double for it if it actually did that.
Another note - I saw a typo when reading the ESV in Jeremiah (possibly it was in Job). I forget where exactly but it was obviously wrong as in there was a space missing between two words. I checked my paper ESV and it had it right. This severely undermined my faith in this app - I want to know that what I’m reading is really accurate and not cross check everything that looks strange! I have not seen anything wrong in the KJV however.
The best bible *reading* experience anywhere
NeuBible is the bomb. Best bible reading experience anywhere. Actually, best pure READING experience anywhere (focused, uncluttered, AMAZING typography), killer intuitive navigation, not bloated with “features," etc. When I say “best reading experience”, I mean of *any* app, not just Bible apps. Kindle, iBooks, e-readers should take notes.
My two main suggestions: it would be basically perfect (for me) if it had a way to take notes (supposedly they have ideas for this...) and had a way to track reading plans (like He Reads Truth, which has a great reading plan feature, but an otherwise awful reading experience).
I have this general dislike for most “Christian” products, because they’re so often crappy rip-offs or very poorly executed, but NeuBible is what a “Christian” app *should* be: best in class to reflect the creativity & inspiration God gives us.
- Quiet Pupil LLC
- 213.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Quiet Pupil, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- New American Standard Bible $1.99
- New International Version $9.99
- New King James Version $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.