Free to AAN members, Neurology Question of the Day promotes continuous learning and knowledge retention with minimal effort. Answer one new multiple-choice question each day to stay up-to-date, assess your strengths and areas of weakness, and get suggested resources for further study.
- Aids knowledge retention via small doses of continuing medical education content each day.
- Earn up to 29 self-assessment CME per year.
- Questions designed by neurologists for neurologists on topics from multiple neurology subspecialties.
- Answer questions on-the-go when it is most convenient for you. Enable reminder notifications for added convenience.
- Mentorship Chat: Allows students to connect with physician members and foster mentor relationships. Physicians must opt-in to access.
- Join fellow members within the APP to form teams to earn achievements, and compete against others on the team leaderboard.
How to Access
Access is free to AAN members when logging in with the email and password for your AAN account.
A separate track of questions focused on foundational education to improve understanding of neurology is available to AAN member medical students.
CME Accreditation Statement
The American Academy of Neurology Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Improved app stability
Ratings and Reviews
Login too slow. Requires relogin every day.
I love this application. However, every day, it asks to login again. It can take anywhere from 1-3 minutes to login. Sometimes it is longer and i give up.
Love the idea of a daily question to get in a routine to do a small degree of board prep regularly. Wish there was a feedback/help section within the app to provide some less important/picky feedback so I’m just putting it here. First one is that I keep getting reminder push notifications to do my daily question even if I already did the question, which is mildly annoying. Also if there was a way to stay logged in so you don’t have to go through the log in screen every time you open the app that would be so much better.
Lastly about the actual questions, as a newbie pgy2 resident I feel it would be nice if explanations went into a little more depth or at the very least provide a couple links to suggested readings/references on the topic. In addition, I feel that all incorrect answers deserve an explanation why they are wrong, makes the overall educational value of a single MCQ question much higher.
Overall I would still give 4 stars because it’s working great for me at this time, the questions are really good and it’s clear a lot of work was put into this already.
Great tool for neurological review, but app has not been working!
It was an excellent idea to offer these review questions for all members of the American Academy of Neurology, providing also continuous medical education credits. Unfortunately, the app has been buggy and the CME feature has not been working lately.
Other suggestions for improvement:
- include the discussion section in the old questions in order to be able to review the answers in more detail
- post the percentage correct for the leadership board, given the intense interest by the participants
- finally, make this featured daily question also available at the AAN website, and accessible via a desktop or laptop
Eagerly awaiting for the app to improve!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Academy of Neurology
- 30.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 American Academy of Neurology Institute
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.