Control an army struggling for survival in the post-apocalyptic world. Choose one of the 4 unique factions—Moloch, Borgo, The Outpost, The Hegemony—and defeat your opponent in tactical warfare. Play solo against an AI opponent or against a human player in an asynchronous cross-platform multiplayer mode.
Prove that you have what it takes to survive:
March with the machines of Moloch, leading its army toward setting the new world order.
Become Borgo and unite the forces of the mutants who spread terror in the wastelands.
Lead The Outpost, humanity's last and only hope, and try to beat the machines in against-the-odds guerrilla warfare.
Be the boss of The Hegemony, a land of gangers uncaring about the fate of others, living only for violence and their mad entertainment.
Neuroshima Hex is a fast paced, tactical game for 1 or 2 players based on the well known tabletop board game by the same name. The game has been published in 8 languages and enjoyed by fans all over the world. Throughout the years, it has been steadily developed by Portal Games, and now offers as many as 19 different armies. In May 2007 Neuroshima Hex was awarded a special jury distinction for the Best Polish Designer Game published in 2006.
- Official Neuroshima Hex game with original artwork
- 4 different armies with unique strategies (other armies will be made available for purchase with future updates of the app)
- For 1 or 2 players
- Asynchronous cross-platform multiplayer mode
- 3 AI difficulty levels
- In-game tutorial & manual
- Tons of gameplay
- Easy to learn, hard to master
Previous version of the Neuroshima Hex app gained a lot of recognition:
"iOS Game of the Year"
"Best Card/Board Game - Runner Up"
"With great production values the board game has been translated to perfection."
TouchGen (9/10, Editor's Choice)
"Would I Buy Again: Absolutely."
What's On iPhone (9/10)
"Neuroshima Hex is a board game that almost seems like it was destined for the App Store […]"
App Spy (4/5)
"Neuroshima Hex is hard not to recommend"
Games Uncovered (Grade: 'Great')
"Creative game world; deep strategy"
Slide To Play (3/4)
"It's a deeply satisfying game that forces you to have a tactical mind in order to win, and it's incredibly fulfilling when you do."
- Moving Scavengers;
- Undo after using Terror;
- AI issue during the hunt;
Removed Delete option in PvP games. From now on, you can submit the game (during your turn in the gameplay menu options) or report a bug if one occurs. Abandoned games will be removed after a week of inactivity with the effect of losing the player who should have made the move.
Ratings and Reviews
Not as bad as they say
Some time ago, there was an iOS update that rendered many apps unusable. The original NS Hex was one of those apps. But I blame the iOS update for the loss of man apps that were paid for but no longer worked. The developers for this game did eventually port the game to the new iOS, and like many have said, it falls very short of how well the original game played. BUT…the game itself, not how well the app delivers the game, but the game is itself is a 5 star strategy game that is played in minutes. I’m rooting for the developers to get it right eventually. Speed up the AI, bring back 3 and 4 players, improve the graphics, etc.
Wonderful At The Core
As much as the latest iteration deserves all the scorn received of late, the core game remains as brilliantly designed as ever. In a push to encourage growth and new players (instead of detouring with bad reviews), I’m rating the actual game here- which, I’m sure you fellow loyal fans all agree is and always has been, 5-Stars. For those that haven’t played this game yet, you’re in for a treat if you give this award winning board game turned iPhone strategy game a try. What we’d love to see as a loyal fanbase: - Reimplementation of the factions (I & many of us have already paid for). There are so many great ones I miss so badly! - No extra button press when it is our turn. - More varied animations (everything is either a nudge or explosion). - Why not ad more backgrounds? Wouldn’t it be pretty easy to hire an artist to just have some different background wallpapers? - These are just off the top of my head. I’m not trying to say I’m representing an all encompassing list of ideas from my fellow players. Bonus: What about even newer factions we haven’t seen before on iOS?! Bonus 2: This game is worth a little advertising push on the App Store to get it out there. As is, without any effort, it is still in the top 175! C’mon, let’s go!! Thank you.
I love abstract, tactical skirmish games like this one. Neuroshima: Hex! is my favorite of all the ones I’ve played. I’ve never seen a game’s mechanics match the theme so well as in NH! I’m glad to see this game accessible again, whereas the previous iteration had become unplayable.
The one-star reviews of this game are unmerited. They are based on inaccurate information.
1) It is not a money-grab. The previous iteration, as great as it may have been, became broken, abandoned, and unplayable. It was irretrievable and irreparable; therefore, the current developer had to start from scratch. However, instead of creating an entirely new app that previous owners would have to purchase a second time, the developer made it free to previous owners. What’s more, as they release new factions they have made them free to anyone who owned those factions in the previous iteration.
2) The game is far from “unplayable.” Since release on September 5, 2021, I’ve logged over 500 plays online. Bugs have been fixed promptly when the developer has been made aware. I for one am grateful to have this amazing game available in this format because it’s more easily accessible.
I’m grateful to see this game supported once again on this kind of platform. If you’re like me, and you want to see this game succeed, leave a more reasonable review, and help the developer bring more content to the table.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Portal Games sp zoo
- 336.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 Portal Games Digital
- In-App Purchases
- New York $2.99
- Neojungle $1.99
- The Bundle of Five Armies $7.99
- Doomsday Machine $1.99
- Dancer $1.99
- Sharrash $1.99
- Smart $2.99
- Vegas $2.99
- Mississippi $2.99
- Steel Police $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.