Control an army struggling for survival in the post-apocalyptic world. Choose one of the 4 unique factions—Moloch, Borgo, The Outpost, The Hegemony—and defeat your opponent in tactical warfare. Play solo against an AI opponent or against a human player in an asynchronous cross-platform multiplayer mode.
Prove that you have what it takes to survive:
March with the machines of Moloch, leading its army toward setting the new world order.
Become Borgo and unite the forces of the mutants who spread terror in the wastelands.
Lead The Outpost, humanity's last and only hope, and try to beat the machines in against-the-odds guerrilla warfare.
Be the boss of The Hegemony, a land of gangers uncaring about the fate of others, living only for violence and their mad entertainment.
Neuroshima Hex is a fast paced, tactical game for 1 or 2 players based on the well known tabletop board game by the same name. The game has been published in 8 languages and enjoyed by fans all over the world. Throughout the years, it has been steadily developed by Portal Games, and now offers as many as 19 different armies. In May 2007 Neuroshima Hex was awarded a special jury distinction for the Best Polish Designer Game published in 2006.
- Official Neuroshima Hex game with original artwork
- 4 different armies with unique strategies (other armies will be made available for purchase with future updates of the app)
- For 1 or 2 players
- Asynchronous cross-platform multiplayer mode
- 3 AI difficulty levels
- In-game tutorial & manual
- Tons of gameplay
- Easy to learn, hard to master
Previous version of the Neuroshima Hex app gained a lot of recognition:
"iOS Game of the Year"
"Best Card/Board Game - Runner Up"
"With great production values the board game has been translated to perfection."
TouchGen (9/10, Editor's Choice)
"Would I Buy Again: Absolutely."
What's On iPhone (9/10)
"Neuroshima Hex is a board game that almost seems like it was destined for the App Store […]"
App Spy (4/5)
"Neuroshima Hex is hard not to recommend"
Games Uncovered (Grade: 'Great')
"Creative game world; deep strategy"
Slide To Play (3/4)
"It's a deeply satisfying game that forces you to have a tactical mind in order to win, and it's incredibly fulfilling when you do."
New Army - Mississippi.
Ratings and Reviews
Neuroshima Hex is back
Glad to see with recent updates that Neuroshima hex works on my iPhone. While playing against AI is not as smoothe as it used to be, it is not so slow that it negatively impacts gameplay. Only problem is that not all the armies are back, but I’m glad to hear they’re coming. It’s also good to see that Portal is adding armies that weren’t even in the old app.
Wonderful At The Core
As much as the latest iteration deserves all the scorn received of late, the core game remains as brilliantly designed as ever. In a push to encourage growth and new players (instead of discouraging with bad reviews), I’m rating the actual game here- which, I’m sure you fellow loyal fans all agree is and always has been, 5-Stars. For those that haven’t played this award winning board game turned iPhone strategy game a try. What we’d love to see as a loyal fanbase:
- Reimplementation of the factions, I & many of us have already paid for- especially the plant one! There are so many great ones I miss so badly!
- No extra button press when it is our turn. - More varied animations (everything is either a nudge or explosion).
- Why not ad more, variable backgrounds? Wouldn’t it be pretty easy to hire an artist to just have some different background wallpapers that switch out?
- These are just off the top of my head. I’m not trying to say I’m representing an all encompassing list of ideas from my fellow players.
Bonus: What about even newer factions we haven’t seen before on iOS?! (Note on this- loved getting the “Beasts” army which we hadn’t seen before!
Bonus 2: This game is worth a little advertising push on the App Store to get it out there.
Restore purchases not working
The “restore purchases” does not seem to be working with the latest update. I would rather not have to pay for Mississippi again. I wish the updates were more frequent. No choice but to patiently wait for all the armies I paid for to return. 5 stars because I want to support this great game.
Dec. 26, 2022 Edit:
I broke down and paid for Mississippi again. Hope my extra money helps get the 3 and 4 player game options released soon.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Portal Games sp zoo
- 358 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2021 Portal Games Digital
- In-App Purchases
- New York $2.99
- Neojungle $1.99
- The Bundle of Five Armies $7.99
- Doomsday Machine $1.99
- Dancer $1.99
- Sharrash $1.99
- Smart $2.99
- Vegas $2.99
- Mississippi $2.99
- Steel Police $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.