Experience the epic journey of Nuna and Fox as they search for the source of an eternal blizzard that threatens the survival of everything they have ever known.
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) is an atmospheric puzzle platformer developed in collaboration with the Iñupiat, an Alaska Native people, drawn from a traditional story that has been shared across the generations.
Guide both characters in single-player mode or play cooperatively with a friend as you trek through frozen tundra, leap across treacherous ice floes, swim through underwater caverns and face enemies both strange and familiar. (NOTE: Local co-op play requires at least one Xbox 360 or equivalent game controller).
On over 75 "Best of 2014" lists and winner of "Best Debut Game" at the 2015 BAFTA Games Awards as well as "Game of the Year" and "Most Significant Impact" at the 2015 Games for Change Awards, nearly 40 Alaska Native elders, storytellers and community members contributed to the making of the game.
You'll explore awe-inspiring environments, perform heroic deeds and meet legendary characters from Iñupiaq stories — all narrated by a master storyteller in the spoken Iñupiaq language.
• Play as both Nuna and Fox — Switch between the two companions at any time with one button press, or play side by side in local co-op mode, as you rely on the unique skills of each character to succeed in your quest. Nuna can climb ladders and ropes, move heavy obstacles, and throw her bola at targets to solve puzzles. Fox can fit through small areas that Nuna can't reach, scramble up walls, and jump to great heights.
• Brave the harsh world of the Arctic — Run under, through, and atop the unstable structures of an abandoned coastal village. Explore the eerily quiet treetops of a mysterious, frozen forest. Brave the fierce winds of the eternal blizzard. Only with the aid of Helping Spirits will Nuna and Fox have any chance of survival in a land where survival seems impossible.
• Unlock fascinating video insights — Elders, storytellers, and other members of the Alaska Native community share stories and wisdom about their culture, values and the amazing Arctic world encountered by players in over 30 minutes of interviews.
• Includes Foxtales DLC — Foxtales features three all new levels full of environments to explore, puzzles to solve and enemies to face. Developed in partnership with the Alaska Native community, Foxtales reminds us that some challenges are best faced together and that even the smallest among us deserve respect.
• Fixed an issue with the video insights movies not playing.
Ratings and Reviews
I loved this game!
This has become perhaps my favorite game. I love Native American culture and learning about it but I would prefer to learn about it in a way that’s fun as opposed to snoozing through a PBS documentary or reading some informative literature… I’m just kind of bad that way in that I like to read science fiction and fantasy and enjoy playing games.
So a game that is like a fairy tale that incorporates all this magic that you can definitely see in Inupiat stories is so much fun and such a good idea to bring people together even if they’re different.
I think it’s important to learn about the spirituality of the Americas because it’s the spirituality of this land and I also just find it to be an interesting and powerful way of looking at the world— that idea that everything is alive and everything has a spirit really moves me.
And the graphics and game play was tons of fun too, and the arctic fox spirit guide sort of dude was so much fun, and so beautiful. The only problem is I died quite a bit and sometimes it was the fox’s fault. One time I even purposely through a box on top of him, it’s especially problematic during the Nothern Lights part, but the graphics are interesting during that part so it’s still worth it especially while I’m smoking pot so I genuinely love this game anyway.
I hope that games with great amazing stories and fun gameplay continue to be made. A classic story that I can play over and over and not get tired of.
The artwork, puzzles, and insights all make this a very great game.
This is an incredibly fun game!!!
- MP Digital, LLC
- 4 GB
OS X 10.8 or later
English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Upper One Games, E-Line Media. Published on Mac by MacPlay.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.