Monitor your web and mobile application’s performance anytime, anywhere with New Relic. Go on, close that laptop and get out of the office – we’ve got you covered.
With New Relic’s free iPhone app you can:
• Be in the know about app performance and availability problems with push notifications.
• Get real-time and historical visibility into:
- Real user monitoring performance (RUM)
- Synthetic Monitors
- Key Transaction performance
- Host resource utilization (CPU, memory, disk, and network)
- Mobile application and platform plugin performance
• Keep tabs on end user satisfaction ratings (Apdex).
• Get event notifications (deployments, notes, etc.).
• Track application errors while on the go.
With New Relic’s free iPad app you can:
• View everything you monitor including web apps, mobile apps, incidents, hosts, key transactions and plugins in one gorgeous and intuitive tiled dashboard display
• Use color-coding (green, yellow, red) in your dashboard to easily spot apps that need attention. If an app is yellow or red, it will show up at the top of the list so you can stay alerted to problematic instances
• Zoom in for the details and zoom out for the big picture of all the applications on your dashboard.
• Favorite your most important applications and view them all in one screen with no clutter
• Correlate historical data with ease for all your apps with our dashboard functionality
• Focus on the metrics that matter most to you with the new full-screen kiosk mode.
• Monitor all the events and errors in your app, and get push notifications for problem alerts. Slide on any alert and you’ll be taken directly to the problem area
About New Relic
New Relic is a software analytics company that makes sense of billions of data points about millions of applications in real time. Our comprehensive SaaS-based solution provides one powerful interface for web and native mobile applications and consolidates the performance monitoring data for any chosen technology in your environment. We have over 250,000 users that utilize our cloud solution to analyze more than 690 billion data points per day across more than 4 million application instances. When your brand and customer experience depend on the performance of modern software, New Relic provides insight into your overall environment.
To use the New Relic iOS app you must log in with your existing New Relic credentials. All New Relic accounts associated with this user will automatically appear inside the app.
Set-up push notifications for Alerts customers
- You can choose your push notification settings individually for each application
- Log in into your New Relic account from a web browser
- Click on Alerts
- Click on Notification channels
- Make sure your USER is added as a notification channel
- Then choose Alert policy you wish to be added to
- Add your USER to that notification channel for the policy
Adding New Users
- Tap on your Account name
- Tap on ‘ADD USER’ on the bottom
- You will be taken back to the login screen
- Log in like you normally would with a new email
“Whether it’s checking Apdex with your morning coffee; hunting down sluggish servers in between train stops; or squashing that one last bug before you head out for family dinner … having all the power of New Relic with you wherever you are has helped us redefine application support.”
- Taylor Bird, Mimeo.com
We now have an improved Mobile APM Http Errors view, to allow you to group, search & filter down to the errors you care about.
* New Mobile APM HTTP Errors view
* Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when viewing charts
Ratings and Reviews
Good but a few small areas for improvement
I really like this app, but I wish they would scale the performance graphs’ y axis the way they do on their web app. If apdex for browsers is fluctuating between 0.8 and 0.95, why show the entire bottom half of the graph? Makes it kind of difficult to pick out patterns visually. Also I don’t know if this is just me, but the y axis for response times seems to scale up for no reason when I increase the time frame. Small things but shouldn’t be too tough to fix! Otherwise love the app
Developer Response ,
Hi MacMac425, version 3.52.1 included support for resizing the y axis charts, so you shouldn't encounter this problem anymore!
This app is awesome! It's simple, fast and tells me what I need to know. I keep it on my desk on a little stand so I can keep a watchful eye on our application. Thanks for making this wonderful thing.
Great app! I was very impressed with my on boarding experience. The app is straightforward, easy to learn, and it was really easy to find the insights I was looking for. Great job, New Relic!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.