New Scientist is the world's number one science and technology magazine, and online we are the go-to site for breaking news, exclusive content and breakthroughs that will change your world. The New Scientist app allows you to read each weekly issue plus New Scientist: The Collection, watch videos, follow links to references and share articles.
Download the app today and enjoy free sample issues, buy individual issues or buy a subscription.
Our terms and conditions for subscriptions include:
- Length: Subscriptions are available for three-month or one-year terms. You will receive a new issue of New Scientist each week.
- Price: You can buy a subscription for $21.99 for three months or $84.99 for a year. Subscription renewals cost the same. All prices may change.
- Payment will be charged to your App Store account when the purchase is confirmed.
- You can purchase an auto-renewable subscription directly from the App Store. A subscription gives you access to all issues in the New Scientist app during the subscription period. Your subscription will renew automatically unless you turn off the auto-renew setting at least 24 hours before the end of your current subscription period.
- You can manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store subscriptions management settings after purchase.
- A subscription gives you access to all issues in the New Scientist app during the subscription period. Any issues that you have not downloaded during this period will not be downloadable later. But you can continue to read issues that you have downloaded to your device and not deleted.
- If you are using the app as a free trial and buy a subscription before the end of the trial period, you will forfeit the unused portion of the free trial period.
- If you buy a subscription from the App Store, you do not get unlimited access to newscientist.com as part of the deal.
- If you already have a subscription to New Scientist, please contact our customer service team to add app access to your subscription before logging in to the app. The team's details are at newscientist.com/iosappfaq
A single issue for $2.99
A rolling 3-monthly subscription for US$21.99 every 3 months.
An annual subscription for US$84.99
Prices differ depending on your local currency. All prices may change. Payment will be charged to your App Store Account at confirmation of purchase. This subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
The cost of the renewal will match the initial subscription price. You can manage your subscriptions through your Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Having trouble? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help
Thanks for using the New Scientist App!
We're constantly looking for ways to improve and make it more relaible for you.
Here are the latest enhancements:
* General improvements and bug fixes
* Clearer navigation
* Updated presentation to make use of larger screens
We'd love to here what you think...
Ratings and Reviews
Love this magazine and although I have subscribed to a plethora of magazines in my life this is the only one I have kept. Every time it would expire I would find myself perturbed when it wasn't in the mail box. And with the app, I can read it on my phone so the kids can page through the hard copy. I was always asking them, "where's the new scientist" and would have to dig it out of their room, or search the car, now I don't have to.
One of the worst
Amazing that such an incredible magazine about science and technology is delivered through one of the worst apps out there. Terrible UI, with lame features and, worst of all, a tendency to lock up on issues and then never release them. You can't even delete them when they get like this, short of uninstalling the entire app. Which would be fine, except you then would lose the scrapbook of saved articles. And seems like the problem gets worse with time. I have half a dozen issues from the last 6 months I can neither read nor delete.
Which is the second worst thing. Great you can save individual articles. But no way to sync these across devices or somehow save them in the cloud for later syncing if you buy a new device.
Too bad really. Because the content is, as New Scientist has always been, fantastic.
Slow and unreliable customer service
I subscribed this on 10/8 but can not set up password. Sent email and called left message to customer service and no body get back to me. I called couple times and finally get in touch with one lady but she obviously a clock water and more interested to get of duty than solve my issue. Her explain to me is that my account will not be effective until 10/21. I was surprised about this and never met same situation with any other magazine. So I told her I have done with this and ask for cancellation. Good, she told me they wont process it five days later. And no confirmation number no other follow up call or email. Guess she just lie to me and I have to waste time call them again to make sure they will process my cancellation.
- NEW SCIENTIST LIMITED
- 43.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © New Scientist Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 3 Month Auto-Renewable Subscription $24.99
- 12 Month Auto-Renewable Subscription $99.99
- September 03 2016 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.