NEW ZEALAND’S BEST is an ideal travel guide to this pristine country. Written by a pro-author it explores key DESTINATIONS; suggests ITINERARIES; details dozens of SIGHTS and ACTIVITIES; and suggests great spots to EAT. All content (250+ points-of-interest/340+ pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads!
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
NEW ZEALAND’S BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key REGIONS and DESTINATIONS so you can decide where to stay.
A hand-crafted ITINERARIES section then offers first-timers a six different easy-to-follow routes to explore the country. One of the itineraries focuses mainly on HIKING, another on WINE - two of the countries biggest attractions.
There’s much more on these two in the INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES, the next section of the app, that’s designed to give you the heads-up based on your interests. If you’re travelling with KIDS or heading to NZ for WINTER SPORTS then you might just dive straight into the app here. Other categories here include ART & CULTURE, BEACHES, CYCLING, HISTORY, LORD OF THE RINGS, NATIONAL PARKS and OUTDOOR ADVENTURE – which covers the many odd ball outdoor activities Kiwi’s specialise in, from bungy jumping through rafting to zorbing.
Finally the app details a few good RESTAURANTS, CAFES & PUBS near many key sights and a good overview of NZ’s budding CRAFT BREWERY scene. There’s also a little on SHOPS & SHOPPING to help you find the best neighbourhoods in NZ’s key cities for souvenir hunting.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Local Info
• Money & Costs
• Information & Maps
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: DESTINATIONS
Meet the key cities & regions:
• North Island (Te Ika-a-Māui):– Auckland & Around; Hawkes Bay & East Coast; Northland & Bay of Islands; Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty; Taranaki, Whanganui & Manawatu; Lake Taupo & the Volcanoes; Waikato & Coromandel; Wellington & Around
• South Island (Te Waipounamu):– Christchurch & Canterbury; Dunedin & Otago; Fiordland, Southland & Stewart Island; Marlborough & Nelson; Queenstown & Southern Lakes; West Coast
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES
• Auckland In-A-Day
• Exploring the North
• Glenorchy & Paradise Day Trip
• Dayhikers' South Island Itinerary
• Length of NZ Classic
• North Island Loop
• South Island Loop
• Wine Lovers' Itinerary
• Lord of the Rings Tours
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Art & Culture
• Cycling & Mountain Biking
• Hiking & Walking
• Kids & Families
• Lord of the Rings & Hobbit
• National Parks
• Outdoor Adventure
• Golf, Tennis, Squash & Badminton
• Winter Sports
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Where best to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Breweries, Cideries & Distilleries
• Cafés & Pubs
• Shops & Shopping
• Spectator Sports
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: A born and bred Kiwi, Craig McLachlan invented his own job title – he’s a ‘freelance anything’. Based in Queenstown, NZ about half the year, Craig has been writing guidebooks since the late 1990s for Lonely Planet. He's also guided many foreign visitors around NZ and is fluent in Japanese.
• ICON: Karl Anderson @Unsplash
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy to use, extensive information, travel book logic
Love this app! Very easy to navigate, with extensive information useful for us foreign visitors to New Zealand! Just in time in our trip planning for post-Covid travels! Can’t wait for the borders to open up! New Zealand will certainly be one of the first places we will go back to!!
Also love for the fact the content is organized in the logic of a traditional travel book! It makes it easy for travel-book lovers like me 😄
Excellent NZ travel app!
This app is amazingly well thought out, easy to navigate and of course extremely well written! Looking forward to open boarders and a trip to NZ!
Love New Zealand!
One of the most beautiful countries in the world! Craig makes the best recommendations about how to get the most out of your trip - I can’t wait for my next visit!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 108.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Craig McLachlan
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.