From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Newark Advocate app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($5.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.newarkadvocate.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• We've included some bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s getting annoying...
When I first downloaded this app it was good, but after they added the payed subscription a while back, it was very frustrating trying to read about what’s happening in the community. Now it’s gotten to a point where I can only read a quarter of most articles, and some I can’t even read at all, not to mention that the monthly 25 articles you are supposed to get didn’t even refresh this January. I know it’s probably to keep the paper running, but it’s just gotten really annoying. I’d say it’s better to try your luck and search for the story online.
Week follow through
Adding 1 or 2 stories and news articles each day hardly constitutes a news paper the same articles have appeared here for weeks or in some cases months at a time I know because I have the print version which I have to read instead of the mobile app all in all very sorry content management
I enjoy my newspaper every day but I also enjoy reading articles online. The app is easy to maneuver through and I can easily find information
- 285 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Newark Advocate Digital Subscription $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.