News-2-You is the weekly newspaper for beginning readers and special needs students. Every week, students can connect with the world through concise symbol-supported news articles, puzzles, games and recipes. The news stories provide stimulating information on reader-friendly topics.
Connect to the world
• Read weekly symbol-supported news
• Stay up-to-date on people, places and sports
• Read downloaded editions without an active internet connection
Optimize for each learner
• Develop literacy skills with 4 reading levels: Simplified, Regular, Higher or Advanced
• Watch words and sentences highlight as they are spoken
• Adjust reading speed for each student
Benefit from Text to Speech
• Download free natural-sounding voices
• Select one of over 38 adult and children’s voices
• Choose between American, Australian, British and Indian English
Use with multiple students
• Create multiple users on one device
• Configure reading level, voice and other settings per student
• Track reading progress per student
Learn by playing
• Complete Sudoku and crossword puzzles
• Review comprehension through enjoyable exercises
• Have fun with the joke and recipe pages
Get single editions or subscribe
• Download and try the app for free
• Use your existing News-2-You subscription for free access
• Purchase single editions or an annual subscription
In-app single editions are priced at $1.99, or at an equivalent price in your local currency.
More information and support material available from www.assistiveware.com/product/news-2-you
Thank you for using the News-2-You app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this app for my students with autism! They are fully engaged and can do almost 100% of it on their own...creating independence. My only complaint is that during the crossword portion, it would be nice if cursor would move to the next box automatically. My students sometimes get frustrated during this portion. I hope you can fix this issue.
App Does Not Allow Purchase of Current Editions
I have loved News-2-You in the past, but I am completely frustrated with it lately. The newest editions for this school year (beginning with the 1st Sept. 2019 edition) can not be purchased through the app, making it unusable for my child. In the past, I have purchased editions and developed my sons HS lessons based on the theme in N2Y. I can not do that now. I reached out, through the app, to support, and after not getting an answer, then being bumped to billing and not getting an answer, reached out a second time. Every time I click on the shopping cart button with the new editions, I get a message that says “Error- Price did not load.” This does not happen with editions prior the the beginning of September. Editions from August 2019 and back do not receive this message.
After finally having someone from support answer me, they told me to uninstall the app and the reinstall it. I have done this several times, and the issue remains, only now, I can not access support through the app. Nothing happens when I press click on support.
Please fix this issue as soon as possible. And, reinstate a way to speak with support. Thank you.
This has been a wonderful app for me to use in my speech therapy practice and I would give it 5 stars if it wasn’t currently very problematic. I cannot afford to buy the subscription so pick and choose appropriate titles for my clients (adults with disabilities) and then purchase them individually through the app. It’s been fantastic for the past couple of years - many of the topics work wonderfully for adults. For some reason I’m recently unable to buy individual lessons; I get an error message every time. I have deleted the app and reloaded it several times in the hope that it would start working again but the results are consistent and I cannot buy the desired articles. Customer support says they don’t know why this is happening. I hope it is resolved soon as it is a wonderful resource for my clients. I would highly recommend a subscription for schools and classrooms or for clinics able to buy it for multiple therapists/clients.
- N2Y LLC
- 271.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- App © 2012-2018 AssistiveWare. News-2-You editions and SymbolStix © 1997-2018 n2y, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- News-2-You $54.99
- Edition XV-29 $1.99
- Edition XV-30 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.