Stay-up-to-date with the latest news and weather in Maine on the all-new free NEWS CENTER Maine app.
Our app features the latest breaking news that impacts you and your family, interactive weather and radar, and live video from our newscasts and local events.
LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS
• Receive real-time notifications for breaking news
• Read the latest news as it happens in your area
• Explore exclusive investigative stories
• Browse photos, news clips, and raw video
• Daily and hourly forecasts for your city
• The latest forecasts from our meteorologists
• Interactive radar maps
• Automated hyperlocal severe weather alerts
• Watch live video newscasts and breaking news from NEWS CENTER Maine
• Discover and dive into topics that matter to you
• Favorite topics to receive personalized updates
• Share stories & videos directly with your friends and family
• See the latest updates and behind the scenes photos from your favorite anchors and reporters
• Get information on school delays & closings as they happen
This is the official app of NEWS CENTER Maine and NEWSCENTERmaine.com, the NBC affiliate serving the Portland-Auburn and Bangor markets.
Got feedback? Let us know how we can make this the best app experience for you! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Sell My Information: https://www.newscentermaine.com/do-not-sell-my-information
Terms of Service: https://www.newscentermaine.com/terms
• Squashed bugs & made performance improvements.
• To help make this the best app experience for you, keep sending us your feedback at email@example.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Can’t tell you how much I miss News Center Maine. Moved back to MA after 18 years of living in the foothills and looking out our back windows to Mt Washington and the Mahoosics.
News and weather down here is informative, but certainly not reported with the sense of genuine concern about what they are talking about and how it will affect the people they are broadcasting to.
Missing Maine and readjusting. You were all a part of our daily morning and evening routine. Glad we can still get a bit of our Maine experience.
Live stream improvements / setbacks
I stream channel 6 on my iPhone in the morning to get my news and weather - it is my only news source.
I am pleased to see that it defaults to live stream over live video now, and the mandatory introductory ad is shorter than it used to be. The feature / glitch where the live stream shuts off after approximately 14 to 15 minutes of playing, without warning seems to have been resolved for the most part. Up until mid November 2020, someone would allow access to continue for the first 10 minutes into the Today show, allowing me to get some national news. However, as of a week ago they are turning it off at 6:59 on the dot now.
I noticed another reviewer had commented on the same issue that I am about to address. And that is, why do I have to keep clicking to get to a story. One page says click here. After clicking there, I get another page that says click here. Sometimes that goes on for four clicks. Now admittedly this doesn’t take much time, but the fact remains it seems miss leading. In this day and age there are so many competitors vying for our attention, I think being user-friendly would increase your ratings and viewership. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tegna Inc.
- 92.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © NEWS CENTER Maine, a TEGNA company. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.