News Explorer is a powerful yet remarkably easy-to-use RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
FULL iCLOUD SYNC
• News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom, YouTube and Twitter subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS, RDF, Atom, JSON and Twitter feed engine.
• Supports Twitter user and hashtags timelines.
• Clean, 100% native, distraction-free user interface
• Article list with resizable thumbnails
• Feed level option to automatically open articles in Reader view
• Size, alignment and visibility of the thumbnails are adjustable.
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links and other references
• Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood
• Use automatic Reader view to read the full version of articles in a clean and easy-to-read format
• Mark items as favorite for later reading
• Navigate with one click to the original content
• Reply, retweet and like tweets in Twitter feeds without leaving the app
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way
• Full text search
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items
• Share news items via email, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and more
• Built-in support to share items with Instapaper and Pocket
• Add new RSS, Atom and JSON feeds directly from Safari, using the 'Add to News Explorer' share extension
• Add RSS and Twitter feeds via the built-in search form
• Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON and Twitter feeds
• Dedicated YouTube channel feed support
• Group your subscriptions with collapsible folders
• Rename and reorder folders and subscriptions, using drag-and-drop
• OPML import and export.
• Article reader with adjustable title and body font settings
• Global filters let you filter all subscriptions and related news on unread items and favorites
• External keyboard support
• Perform quick actions with horizontal swipes
• Pull subscription list to start a sync session
• App icon badge with unread items count
• Navigate to the next or previous item with animated swipe gestures
• You can set a default primary article view, such as Mercury Reader view, for all feeds.
• The default primary view can be overruled on feed or article level.
• Custom storage period for each item status (read, unread and favorite)
• Syncing with iCloud can be disabled, to use only the built-in high speed RSS engine
• And much more!
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, ATOM, JSON Feed and Twitter news feeds
• Supports RSS feeds with HTTP digest and basic authentication
• iCloud sync with CloudKit
• Multiple Reader view engines
• Supports RTL articles
• Background app refresh
• Spotlight indexing with images
• 3D Force
• Handoff, pick up where you left off
• Notifications with images
• Retina support
• Dynamic Type support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
If you have any questions or need support on News Explorer, then browse to https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html, email us at email@example.com or twitter to @elemanssoftware.
Please share your thoughts and ideas about News Explorer with us via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!
∙ Extensive Widget support for iOS 14 users!
∙ Full-width article option, ideal when using Dark Mode.
∙ Tweets with Twitter Cards are now properly displayed.
∙ New option to group articles on feed, instead of date.
∙ You can now select a custom font in the Reading settings.
∙ New ‘Show on Apple Watch’ option in the Subscriptions list.
∙ New Apple Watch Complication to easily start News Explorer.
∙ Unread badge in the navigation bar, just like the Mail app.
∙ Relocated navigation buttons in the Article viewer.
∙ Added system font option ‘New York’ to the Article viewer.
∙ Option to disable navigation by swiping in the Article viewer.
∙ Improved performance of the Feeds and Articles list.
∙ Improved ‘Mark as read while scrolling’ performance.
∙ Option to automatically delete notifications of read items.
∙ Spotlight indexing is now disabled by default, to save battery.
∙ Extended Low Data support for thumbnails.
∙ SVG feed icons are now supported.
∙ Minimum version is now iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Finally. This is it.
Wow. Finally. I'm a UI snob. I've used RSS since it was developed. I've used the iPad since is was introduced, and instantly I realized it was the perfect RSS reading device. And now, after all this time, I've finally found an app that meets my expectations. I wanted something that uses as much core Apple technologies and UI style as possible. I wanted flexible themes text sizes. I didn't want the UI to be "unique". The best design is "invisible" meaning you don’t notice it because you're fully engaged with your task, and it's not getting in your way. This is it. It's not without fault. Putting feeds in folders is a total pain. But that's something you do rarely. I'm giving it a pass and 5 stars because it is much better than the competition, and allowed me to drop an aggregator subscription. I even had an excellent interaction with support (the dev himself) when I couldn't figure out my OPML file. He showed me what I was doing wrong. Bravo.
Love this app
I have been using various RSS readers for many many years at this point using aggregators like feedly after google shut their RSS service down. I have been using the Reeder app for iOS and Mac for the most part (also excellent) but I moved everything over to this app. I love that it illuminates the dependency on feedly, end it works seamlessly and like butter across all of my iOS devices. Meanwhile the RSS reader features are great as well including the various ways to mark articles as read Amongst all the other configuration options. I am looking forward to a little bit more functionality on the watch app as I like to use that when I’m waiting in line at a store or at a stoplight or whatever. Nice job developers
Every time I go to use this app I’m always pleasantly surprised by how it’s able to do everything that I set out to accomplish. There’s no searching around for what I’m looking for, or trying to find workarounds. This app is incredibly well thought out and the settings are so detailed I felt it was actually worth the time to write this review. Of all the RSS readers I tried before settling on this one, I have zero regrets that I went with this app. Everyone should be aware of it and how great it is.
- Ron Elemans
- 35.5 MB
Requires iOS 13.7 and watchOS 6.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Betamagic
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.