News Explorer is a full-featured yet easy-to-use RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
FULL ICLOUD SYNC
• News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS and Atom engine.
• Supports Twitter user and hashtags timelines.
• Enhanced support for YouTube feeds.
• Supports Podcast RSS feeds.
• Clean, stylish and clutter-free user interface.
• Article list with thumbnails, adjustable in visibility, size and alignment.
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links.
• Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood, or according appearance settings in macOS.
• Font of the article viewer is fully adjustable.
• Use Reader view to download and read the full text version of articles.
• Option to automatically use Reader view for all feeds, or selected feeds.
• Mark items as favorite for later reading.
• Navigate with one click to the original content.
• Reply, retweet and like tweets in Twitter feeds without leaving the app.
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way.
• Full text search.
• Full keyboard navigation.
• Open articles in separate tabs or windows, for maximum focus.
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items.
• Full window YouTube videos.
• Built-in support to share news items with Twitter, Instapaper and Pocket.
• Share news items via email, Messages, Facebook and other sharing services.
• Support for Notification Center widgets.
• Add new RSS, Atom, JSON, Podcast and YouTube feeds directly from Safari, using the 'Add to News Explorer' share extension.
• Add RSS and Twitter feeds via the built-in search form.
• Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON and Twitter feeds.
• Feed extension support let you open RSS news feed URL’s.
• Group your subscriptions by using folders.
• Rename and reorder folders and feeds, using drag-and-drop.
• OPML import and export.
• Feed manager let you manage the feeds that should be displayed in the Notification Center.
• Assign keyboard shortcuts to sharing services, including Instapaper and Pocket.
• Simply hit the spacebar to open the next article or to scroll the article when needed.
• With full Touch Bar support you have quick access to all essential functions.
• App icon badge with unread items count.
STATE OF THE ART
• Runs natively on Apple Silicon and Intel Macs.
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, JSON Feed, ATOM, Podcast, YouTube and Twitter news feeds.
• Supports feeds with Basic and Digest HTTP Authentication.
• Support for displaying articles with RTL text like Arabic or Hebrew.
• Auto Dark Mode and Accent Color support.
• Fully working iCloud sync based on CloudKit.
• Three built-in Reader view engines.
• Spotlight Search.
• Handoff support.
• Notifications with images.
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
News Explorer is one of the best documented news apps with an extensive help page on https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html. If you still have any questions or need support, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter to @elemanssoftware.
Please share your thoughts and ideas about News Explorer with us via email@example.com.
If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!
• Fixed compatibility with JSON Feed version 1.1
• Improved handling of feeds with improperly updated Last-Modified response headers
• Improved parsing of non-standard Twitter Cards metadata
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The BEST RSS and News Reader
Just discovered News Explorer and I am completely impressed. I have tried many news agregation apps and RSS readers and this one does everything you could want in addtion to offering a beautiful UI and reader display. It is very customizable and syncs beautifully with IOS (which intergrates it’s own settings with the IOS settings framework, brilliant). The search option offers multiple related feeds and sites that you can add all at once, making setup quick and easy . I do wsh there was more control with noitfications, currently I have them turned of because they were flooding my devices unlimited, however, this is just a minor wish. Overall, the great user experience and detailed contro options makes this truly the BEST application of it’s kind that I have found so far.
Absolutely the best
Combines a superb reading experience—on par with Reeder, NetNewsWire, and other better-known readers—with iCloud sync!
iCloud sync means that you don’t need an expensive subscription to a 3rd-party service in order to keep your iPhone, iPad and Mac in sync. The combined cost of this app for all of those devices is less than I was paying for 1 year of service to a 3rd-party RSS service.
The reading experience is attractive and thoughtfully designed. There are good keyboard shortcuts. It looks pretty, and there are several customization options, all of which seem to look great. Compare with similar apps where the presentation is ugly and I struggle to find *any* combination of options that is attractive and comfortable to read.
Very happy with this app.
This is a great app to have. I can only suggest developer to improve few things:
You can create folder by going to MENU File > New Folder or Pressing at the lower left. Both ways folder will be created but it will not be visible in the side bar list until you add a feed to this folder.
At first I thought this is a bug and created multiple same folders which I could not see. Then when I tried using Folder manager I found my folder in the list. There is no option to rename the folders and not even an option to create folders. Very confusing.
It would be much simpler if you could see empty folders just like in most Apple apps.
By default toolbar buttons don’t have text and there is no option to make the text visible. It would be much simpler to learn the app if by default button text were visible and provide an option to disable text.
PLUS and Refresh
It would be probably easier if these two buttons were part of the toolbar.
Sorting sidebar folders
Well it's not working (a bug) you have to kill the app to refresh.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. A new folder becomes indeed visible after adding a feed to it. This is also displayed in the 'New folder' dialog. Folders can be renamed via menu Folder > Rename. Regarding the toolbar, each button has a tooltip that becomes visible when you hover with the mouse over it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ron Elemans
- 10.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Betamagic
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.