NewsBar, the top-selling Mac newsreader also available for iPhone and iPad. Simple and clean interface, fast RSS engine, and zero-config iCloud sync across iOS and MacOS devices.
No delays, no waiting: stories appear immediately on your device, just as they are published. You can easily organize, read, follow, mark and search news from your favorite news sources. Stories are read directly from RSS and Twitter sources without delay.
With NewsBar there is no need to create any account or login into any service, news reading easy, safe and private.
Top-seller news app in Mac App Store since 2011.
◦ High speed, efficient RSS engine
◦ Twitter @user and #hashtag news feed reading
◦ iCloud sync across all Apple devices
◦ Full sync with NewsBar for Mac OS X
◦ Opens RSS links directly from Safari
◦ Clean, intutitive and easy to use interface
◦ Easy swipe between views and stories
◦ Organize feeds into user defined folders
◦ Keyword filter with iOS Notification Center support
◦ Configurable background refresh
◦ User selectable RSS and/or web browser view
◦ Built-in web browser
◦ Auto-hide read items
◦ Share news by Email, iMessage, Twitter, Facebook
◦ Star news for later reading
◦ Feedly and Pocket sync
◦ Quick text search in all feeds
◦ Enable/disable feeds
◦ Read password protected RSS feeds
◦ RSS 2.0, ATOM support
◦ iPhone X support
◦ Feedly sync
◦ better push notifications
◦ additional bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fix this app, please.
Newsbar is great for what it is. However, it would be a much better program if I didn't have to play "babysitter" across multiple apple devices. I use iCloud for multiple cross-functional programs and Newsbar is the only program I have issues with. That is, if I view/read a Newsbar article on one device, then that action should be represented across all iCloud connected devices. Sometimes it works great while other times it does not. Please fix this. Thanks!
Would be amazing if kept up-to-date
• Syncs with Mac app really well
• Simple and effect rss reader
• I love his implementation of keywords
• Not kept up to date
• No dark mode
• Doesn’t use full ipad screen
• Doesn’t do multitasking with other apps
The Real Bad:
• Developer not responsive
This app allows you to get around all the “pay” services for rss and has simple sync with Mac OS X. I hope the developer updates the app or sells it to someone else for development because if has so much potential. I’d pay for 2.0 version if it hall the things addressed above without going to a subscription model.
The app is compromised
I have been using this app for some time now. Recently, my Notification Center is being bombarded with porn spam messages. I manually check all my feeds on a computer and they are clean. I have tried reaching out to the developer and no response; the developer is MIA. I’m going to park this app for an updated one. This review is intended to warn others that the app is outdated and may have been compromised.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.