NewsBlur is a personal news reader bringing people together to talk about the world. A new sound of an old instrument.
NewsBlur is popular for a reason. While also being the oldest surviving RSS news reader, it is used by many news organizations, popular blogs, editors, and individual readers to keep up with the world.
Let's talk about major features:
* Read an unlimited number of RSS subscriptions
* Offline support for stories and images
* Full text extracts the whole story and is sticky per-feed
* Gestures and long presses for feeds and stories
* Share and comment on the news with friends
* Meet new people who share the same interests
* Autoscrolling of text for hands-free reading
* Collapsible folders
* Saved stories with tagging
* Mark stories as unread
* Read by oldest/newest first
* Filter by unread/all stories
* Search for stories by feed or folder
* Send to Facebook/Twitter/Instapaper/Pocket/Evernote/email/etc
* Landscape view
* Customizable offline sync settings
You can also optionally subscribe with a NewsBlur Premium Subscription
* Subscribe to an unlimited number of sites
* Sites you subscribe to are updated up to 10x more often
* Read by folder with the river of news
* Search sites and folders
* Save stories with searchable tags
* Privacy options for your blurblog (shared stories)
* Custom RSS feeds for folders and saved stories
* Use the Text view which conveniently extracts the full original story
The subscription is auto-renewable which means that once purchased it will be auto-renewed every year until you cancel it 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Duration of the subscription is 1 year. Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Manage your Subscription and Auto-Renewal by going to your Account Settings.
This version, 10.0.1, fixes iPad layout issues and the dark theme's colors.
Version 10.0: What a whopper of a release! Here's the major new features:
- A new iOS widget shows the latest stories in your Notification Center and on your iPad dashboard
- Statistics visualization for every site
- Automatic downloading of the original story full text for offline reading
And tons of bugs were fixed and other small improvements:
- Fixed crash on start.
- Fixed highlighting issue.
- Fixed settings with stories on bottom.
- Tweaked dark theme colors to be darker.
- Fixed wonky behavior on iPad.
- Unsubscribe feed from story.
- Clearing offline now clears the cached stories, text, and images from the database.
- Manually changing the theme now turns off the preference to follow the system appearance.
- Turning on following the system appearance immediately updates the theme appropriately.
- Fixed crash on feed load list.
- Preferences import & export.
- Fixed crash on start.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My preferred way to read news
I've been using NewsBlur for a few weeks as part of the testing process and am now happily using version 1.5 on my iPad and iPhone. It's a great companion to the web interface and I actually enjoy using the apps far more that the website. I love that everything syncs quickly, the feeds display nicely and the app is intuitive. The UI, while simplistic, is totally functional and mostly stays out of the way. I'd probably share a bit more if the sharing button for a story was more prominently displayed.
I've had a few crashes here and there, but not recently. My guess is that the backend is getting cleaned up a bit.
Overall, this is a great app and I'm looking forward to the continued development.
Thanks for fixing the scrolling issues in this latest update - Jan 2019!
Great RSS reader with free push notifications!
NewsBlur is a great RSS reader. I like it better than Feedly because free push notifications are included. I read a paid IFTTT subscription is necessary for Feedly push notifications. The free push notifications in NewsBlur don’t show the full text of the article but the notification of a new article from any RSS feed is an awesome feature! The premium version gives better push notification options.
Love news blur, you should definitely use it. It's totally worth the money.
I love newsblur and I have no problem paying for this service. I use it on all my devices. It's awesome. You should get it.
AND THANK YOU!!!!
The app will now come back to the article I was reading when I come back to the app instead of it being lost forever. And that white box bug is gone! You guys rock!
Only thing left is split screen will still have issues sometimes with text going off the app but its much less now.
- NewsBlur, Inc.
- 25.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 NewsBlur, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- NewsBlur Premium Subscription $35.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.