NewsBlur is a personal news reader bringing people together to talk about the world. A new sound of an old instrument.
NewsBlur is popular for a reason. While also being the oldest surviving RSS news reader, it is used by many news organizations, popular blogs, editors, and individual readers to keep up with the world.
Let's talk about major features:
* Read an unlimited number of RSS subscriptions
* Offline support for stories and images
* Full text extracts the whole story and is sticky per-feed
* Gestures and long presses for feeds and stories
* Share and comment on the news with friends
* Meet new people who share the same interests
* Autoscrolling of text for hands-free reading
* Collapsible folders
* Saved stories with tagging
* Mark stories as unread
* Read by oldest/newest first
* Filter by unread/all stories
* Search for stories by feed or folder
* Send to Facebook/Twitter/Instapaper/Pocket/Evernote/email/etc
* Landscape view
* Customizable offline sync settings
You can also optionally subscribe with a NewsBlur Premium Subscription
* Subscribe to an unlimited number of sites
* Sites you subscribe to are updated up to 10x more often
* Read by folder with the river of news
* Search sites and folders
* Save stories with searchable tags
* Privacy options for your blurblog (shared stories)
* Custom RSS feeds for folders and saved stories
* Use the Text view which conveniently extracts the full original story
The subscription is auto-renewable which means that once purchased it will be auto-renewed every year until you cancel it 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Duration of the subscription is 1 year. Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Manage your Subscription and Auto-Renewal by going to your Account Settings.
Version 10.1.1 fixes iOS 14 issues as well as colors for newsletters and block quotes.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good, BUT there's a new bug
... in the latest version of the app (10.1).
On my iPhone 8, running iOS 12.4.1, the story text now will occasionally be blank after I tap on a story from a feed. If I swipe back out and then tap the story again, the text usually appears. Or, if I toggle from Story to Text and back in the story display screen, that usually fixes it too. But it's a regression from the previous version of the app, which never caused this problem on my phone.
Otherwise the app is great and I use it every day.
My preferred way to read news
I've been using NewsBlur for a few weeks as part of the testing process and am now happily using version 1.5 on my iPad and iPhone. It's a great companion to the web interface and I actually enjoy using the apps far more that the website. I love that everything syncs quickly, the feeds display nicely and the app is intuitive. The UI, while simplistic, is totally functional and mostly stays out of the way. I'd probably share a bit more if the sharing button for a story was more prominently displayed.
I've had a few crashes here and there, but not recently. My guess is that the backend is getting cleaned up a bit.
Overall, this is a great app and I'm looking forward to the continued development.
Thanks for fixing the scrolling issues in this latest update - Jan 2019!
Great RSS reader with free push notifications!
NewsBlur is a great RSS reader. I like it better than Feedly because free push notifications are included. I read a paid IFTTT subscription is necessary for Feedly push notifications. The free push notifications in NewsBlur don’t show the full text of the article but the notification of a new article from any RSS feed is an awesome feature! The premium version gives better push notification options.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- NewsBlur, Inc.
- 16.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 NewsBlur, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- NewsBlur Premium Subscription $35.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.