Bug fixes, plus what's new in 5.7:
• Added Sync with iOS Appearance option for Auto Night Mode setting (requires iOS 13)
• Added Night Mode Brightness setting
• iOS/iPadOS 13, watchOS 6 support
• Additional bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect! Few suggestions and bugs
Thanks for addressing the issue I brought up about using the same browser choice when tapping on links and swiping to the left. Now this app is practically perfect. By FAR the best RSS reader out there for many reasons.
Suggestions & bug reports:
1. List articles in an order based on the time they were downloaded/received on your device. Right now they are listed in a chronological order based on the time stamps of the articles. If an author publishes an article at 4AM but lists it as 10PM, the whole day this article stays on top till after 10PM, which is a mild annoyance.
2. Accessing the list of subscriptions inside a folder should be more intuitive. Right now you're required to long-press on a folder to open the sub list. You can add an arrow button on the right end of each folder for that instead.
3. On ipads, especially larger ones, add a preview panel on the right, like Mail. Keep the article list shown on the left.
4. Bug: right now if you open the safari view controller (doesn't matter if you stay in the app or switch to another app/home screen), when you go back to the article list from the safari view controller, the auto refresh won't work until you switch out and back in to the app.
5. Bug: Very rarely the article list freezes for no reason.
6. A grey theme would be nice even for the day time. It's available in safari's reader view which has 4 themes.
The Last (Best) RSS Reader I'm Likely To Use
I've been through a lot of IOS news reader apps. Many of them had outstanding features, but none brought so many together as does Newsify. Great look, system of viewing articles (and a choice of preference there), saving, and sharing. I cannot imagine any RSS reader improving on what this app delivers, and so I'm putting this quest to bed.
I can add, through my own experience, a report on support. I was having a problem with one aspect of the app that would have been quickly and easily corrected in settings, had I not repeatedly overlooked the toggle. Through support services contact, the developer patiently pinpointed the source of my issue, and clearly supplied the remedy. So, I can attest to Newsify's stellar customer support.
this transformed my RSS workflow.
For people who consume lots of news and need it quickly, this app is fantastic. The data-rich format, while still keeping images, is the best I’ve tested and the upload speeds with a premium subscription are great. The full-text feature is crucial to making this great since so many feeds never show the full texts. In the three or four times that full texts didn’t download, the developer responded within hours to get it working. Full text is doubly impressive since I rely on a lot of niche and foreign news sources and still rarely have trouble getting full text. Even with a premium subscription, this app is so good that I almost feel like it’s too good to be true.
- Ben Alexander
- 52.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2019 Ben Alexander
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 month) $2.99
- Newsify Premium (1 year) $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.