Newstalk continues to be Ireland’s fastest growing independent talk radio station delivering opinion led talk, covering news, sport, business and entertainment whilst rapidly affirming its positioning as a successful, innovative and dynamic multi-media brand.
With our new, free app, you can listen live on air or listen back to your favourite shows, chose from a vast array of podcasts and keep up to date with the latest news stories.
Listen live or listen back to some of our top shows:
• Andrea Gilligan is first with the top news stories each weekday morning with “Breakfast Briefing”
• “Newstalk Breakfast” with Shane Coleman and Kieran Cuddihy. The fast-paced daily news and current affairs talk show
• Pat Kenny brings his experienced broadcasting style and incisive analysis to “The Pat Kenny Show”
• Ciara Kelly goes behind the day's headlines and talking points while taking calls from listeners on “Lunctime Live”
• The most eclectic on Irish radio “Moncrieff” with Sean Moncrieff
• Ivan Yates and his unique style of straight-talking to this opinion-led drivetime talk show “The Hard Shoulder”
• The multi-award-winning sports show “Off The Ball”
• The weekend schedule sees “Newstalk Breakfast” presented by Susan Keogh
• “The Home Show” with Sinead Ryan covering all areas of the home
• Bobby Kerr focusing on Irish businesses and industry on “Down to Business”
• Andrea Gilligan brings her own fresh perspective and insight to the major political stories on “Between the Lines”
• Clare McKenna look at ‘health’ in the widest sense of the word on her show “Alive and Kicking”
• Gavan Reilly provides an engaging mix of discussion and debate on “On the Record”
• For those with an interest in the world of tech and gadgets – join Jess Kelly for “Tech Talk”
• Newstalk’s flagship science programme “Futureproof” with Jonathan McCrea
Explore of podcast categories including:
• Business & Tech
• Learn Something
• Science & Nature
• Society & Culture
Thanks for updating. In this version we've made some performance improvements and addressed a few minor bugs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Downloads are useless
When you download a show with multiple parts it only allows you to listen to part 1 (usually the first half hour). The previous app was much better for downloads and easier to use. Plus it requires you to sign up, to download more than 1 podcast
Great content. But mostly bad app
I wouldn’t use this app if the podcast feeds were updated thoroughly and promptly. But the podcast “highlights from the Pat Kenny show” for example misses many segments.
So first thing- the fast forward and rewind in iPhone control Centre and on Bluetooth controls are broken when listening back. (I don’t expect them to work while live - although that would be amazing). So whenever I tap forward or back in control Centre/Bluetooth the app starts the entire segment over again. And of course that means I can’t find my place!! Which brings me to the next thing—- remembering where we are in a listen back segment would be excellent!
Also no offline playback. That would be nice. But I do think this may be possible with an account but I am unable to set one up via the app as the buttons crash or something every time I try to sign up with Facebook or google. And trying to sign up with email doesn’t work after filling out the account form.
Anyways otherwise its kinda wonky but it works! Like you can most definitely listen live and kinda very uncomfortably listen back. It’s free so and the content is amazing so I can’t be complaining too much.
4.5 Star App
I love the Newstalk app, use it both on iPhone and iPad. I reinstalled the Newstalk app recently - working great now. Clean effective design. One quibble - the app is not “timezone adjusted” e.g. I’m in California right now listening to OTB but the screen says I’m listening to Pat Kenny’s morning show. You can do better, NT! And I’ll give you a 5* if you do. Still, kudos to all!
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.