This is NOT an app where you can watch anime!
Next Anime Episode (NAE) is the best anime episode countdown app for iOS.
Next Anime Episode does one job: To help you keep track of airing anime and when they will have a new episode available in Japan.
Generally, sub based simulcast streaming services have the newest episodes available within one hour after they air in Japan.
Simply browse the currently airing chart, select which anime you are interested in, and you will receive a notification when a new episode for your selected series is available. It's that easy! You can also monitors what will be airing next, as Next Anime Episode will show you your anime series sorted by the closest episode first.
- Instant notifications when a new episode airs.
- Easy access to view all the anime that is airing this season in Japan, to let you easily pick which ones you are interested in.
- The Notifications are highlighted with a badge to help you keep track of what you are interested in but haven't watched yet. You can mark Episodes as "Watched" anytime. Doing so also decreases the notification count.
- Monitor what episodes will air next, as they are displayed in order of closest next episode in the Watching tab.
- Monitor more than 3 series at once.
- Change the notification tone to any of the provided options.
- Change the anime title display language. Handy if you prefer to see the titles in their original language (Japanese), pure English, or Romaji.
- Any new pro features in upcoming releases will be unlocked with one purchase.
- The data is provided by an external source (Anilist). This app should be used as a reference only and it might not be 100% accurate.
- Anime characters, titles, and posters that show up in the screenshots are copyright of their respective owners and are used for reference only.
- This app DOES NOT make any media available to you. Once you know an episode has aired, you are free to navigate to your favorite Simulcast service and watch the episode there.
- [BUGFIX] Fixes a crash that happens when browsing the Fall 2020. While expect this to be fixed on its own by a server-side change before the season arrives, we prefer to account for it.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love love this app. I was looking for app to keep track of all the anime shows I’m watching and couldn’t find one till stumbled upon this one. It’s really great I just wish we could app more shows instead of doing the pro version.
Ready for the Next Episode?
It’s pretty reliable when you need it for any upcoming Anime I found myself really enjoying using this app for quite a lot of anime even so to catch up and be first on what anime to watch sure its selection it’s huge even so the notification doesn’t always seem to appear at times or notifies me on time or even shows and even so it appears that on certain streaming service such as FUNimation or Crunchyroll for examples don’t get the show right after it airs as it says on the app? or maybe that just time rather than when it’s available for streaming anyway the app has some sort of glitch or bug that always kicks you out when you check the Chart or want to update your anime selection that it just stops working kinda getting bothered by it even so I kinda had to pay just to add more anime to get notifications from since I’m kinda getting enjoying many upcoming shows hopefully the problem can be fixed, I’m assuming using or clicking the Chart button on the app maybe there quite the bug on the Charts that affects the app from seeing more upcoming anime or even being able to use this app kinda stressed out not being able to see my shows on this app been really enjoying it so far.
Developer Response ,
The last update (2.1.8) addresses many notification related bugs. Is there an specific series that is giving you problems? Last week was Golden Week in Japan, and a lot of anime were taking a short break (and therefore not firing any notifications). This also means that streaming websites did not have the episodes either.
If this is not the case and you feel like those series should have sent a notification, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the series names.
It’s also important to note that the app is a reference and it can’t account for possible delayed in official subtitles. Sometimes streaming services have small delays delivering them on time.
The app can currently show many series from many seasons past and future. Open the Chart tab and tap the “Spring” button to change the season, and the “2019” button to change the year. You will be able to browse more upcoming series that way. If you think the app is missing any current season anime (any Spring 2019), also send us an email to email@example.com and we will try to sort it out ASAP.
I’d also appreciate it if you sent an email explaining the bug you describe (the one that kicks you out of the app when managing your list) with reproduction steps so I can test it and fix it ASAP.
Thank you for your review! We encourage you to send us an email with other problems and questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org. We try to answer everything within 24 hours (usually much less) even on weekends.
Really happy to finally find an app like this, but I wish that we could look at more than just the name of an anime. Like we should be able to click the name and open info on it. Also, having to add anime individually by season, special, movie, etc... while having to search individually between fall, winter, spring, and summer for each individual year to add each part of an anime series is slightly frustrating. It’d be cool to add any series to our list and have it add everything for that series, or at least be able to search it and have it pull up everything relating to it regardless of air date. One more thing, it’d be super cool to add shows that aren’t yet confirmed for the next season and be notified when it does.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! There's some features that are hard to implement due to the Anime List service we are using, but there's some features that I have been wanting to implement, and that includes view detailed anime info. Technically, the app is already processing and storing a lot of anime info - Synopsis, confirmed episode count, etc - for each series you choose to be notified about, but I haven't gotten around displaying that in the interface yet. I plan on working on in the next few months.
For the other features, we have some limitations, but I have been meaning to migrate the app to use my own Anime List service based on Apple's own CloudKit technology eventually. Once that is done, I will be able to implement more complex search features and link related anime together. This also includes having unconfirmed anime on the list and be able to notify users if they are confirmed. Hopefully, work that will start in the upcoming months.
Thank you for your valuable feedback! As a solo developer, detailed feedback like this is very important to me. if you need me to reply to your concerns more directly or have questions and/or bug reports, you can reach me at email@example.com for a faster response time.
- Sergio Andres Ibanez Kautsch
- 41.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- All rights reserved © 2017-2020 Sergio Andrés Ibañez
- In-App Purchases
- Next Anime Episode Pro $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.