Next Meeting 4+
Quickly see your next meeting
- Offers In-App Purchases
Quickly see your next meeting right in your menu bar with Next Meeting.
The meetings come from the built-in macOS Calendar app — so it works with Google, iCloud, Exchange, Facebook, Yahoo, CalDAV, and local calendars.
Fixed an issue where Teams and Webex links displayed incorrect link titles.
Ratings and Reviews
Essential for anyone meeting over VC
Next Meeting is my most effective outboard brain these days: It tells me how much time I have to focus when my next meeting starts. When it does, I can easily pull up the meeting. (Side note: If you get annoyed by zoom opening a browser tab, I recommend using Hammerspoon & the URLDispatcher spoon, which lets you invoke the zoom meeting-starter app immediately if a "zoom meeting" URL is opened).
Two suggestions that would make Next Meeting absolutely fantastic: One, I would love to have some more visual separation between past meetings and the present / upcoming ones.
Two, if I have conflicting meetings starting at the same time, NM picks a seemingly-random one, and that gets confusing quickly. It would be great if it could show all meetings currently scheduled & let users select the one to connect to.
Close to great but missing usability
I can't find a way to narrow the appointments it shows me besides option-clicking individual appointments. Only some meetings and calls are worth worrying about but with a full calendar, it gets cluttered and not useful. Give us an option to quickly check off the critical meetings for the day in the option-click view.
It also doesn't let you choose the data:time format. If the OS is set to 24-hour, why does this app only show 12-hour times? Bad app behavior to override the OS format and not give any options.
It may not be their fault, but colors for calendars and appointments would be nice too. If I've noted calendar entries with colors/categories in Outlook I'd love to see that reflected or even keeping the different calendars as different colors on the pull-down would be good.
Good effort, but not useful unless you have only a few appointments to look out for. But in that case, do you really need something like this?
Helpful Menubar meeting reminders!
Next Meeting is a really helpful little menubar utility that does what it says in the description. Especially helpful in the WFH era where most meetings are virtual. And you can't beat the price!
A couple of feature requests:
* A way to configure the time before a meeting appears as my "Next Meeting". If my first meeting is at 4pm, I'd rather not see it in the Menubar all day starting with "...in 7 hours", I'd prefer to customize that so that it doesn't show up until it's e.g. 2 hours away.
* A way to force refresh. I'll frequently see some significant lag between my real calendar and what Next Meeting is reporting. E.G. meetings cancelled 1 hour before they were originally scheduled will continue to appear in Next Meeting.
* An option to be better hide Next Menu when no meetings are scheduled. The greyed out "No Meetings" message is okay but it'd be even better if it compressed down to take a minimal amount of menubar real estate. (I'm accomplising this via the Bartender app but it'd be nice if it were native functionality).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nathan Spindel
- 10.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Nathan Spindel
- In-App Purchases
- 3-Month Optional Patronage $2.99
- 12-Month Optional Patronage $11.99
- 6-Month Optional Patronage $5.99