A safe home for all your data
The Nextcloud iOS app allows you to access all your files on your Nextcloud
- Read, rename, copy, move, delete all the files stored in your Nextcloud and send them to other App.
- Display documents, photos, videos, audio files.
- Automatically display previews of images and videos.
- Create new folders.
- Add any kind of data (documents, templates, photos, videos, voice memo, etc…).
- Tag the most important files and folders as ‘favorites’ or ‘offline’ to consult them offline.
- Use the Passcode function for an advanced level of protection of single folders or to prevent access to Nextcloud to other potential users of your iPhone.
- You can enable the automatic loading from the camera so your photos shots will be available on your Nextcloud.
- You can enable memory optimization Nextcloud to save space on your iPhone.
- Share your files with others.
- Multi-account support.
- Monitors your cloud from More menu in tab bar
- Use theming Server
- Integration with iOS 11 Files App
Please report all issues at and discuss this app at https://help.nextcloud.com/c/clients/ios
New to Nextcloud? Nextcloud is a private file sync & share and communication server. It is fully open source and you can host it yourself or pay a company to do it for you. That way, you are in control of your photos, your calendar and contact data, your documents and everything else.
Nextcloud iOS 4.4 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
- A new view for the Sharing files
- A new view for the PDF documents
- The Lock file introduced in Nextcloud Hub 24
- Added Accessibility "Labels"
For information please visit this website:
Ratings and Reviews
Works really good, now I prefer Nextcloud over Dropbox and Box
When Dropbox lowered device limit to 3, I had been thinking about switching over but was hesitant at first due to modest reviews. And when Google Photos changed their terms, that’s when I said that’s enough. I’m glad I moved over (in 2021) because the system is rock solid. Used it for several months and no issues at all, and syncing across many devices as I need both Mac and PC laptop/desktop for work. And also for wife. And soon, for my kids. I still keep Dropbox for sharing video publicly (they seem to do this best) and others too, but with unlimited storage, no subscription fee (other than server cost), privacy and robust tech, what’s not to like?
App has trouble uploading large mp4 files. It would take much longer than usual and I’d have to use a web browser instead. One time I left it uploading a 4gb mp4 file overnight and it still didn’t finish uploading by morning or if it was even uploading at all. Sometimes I wouldn’t be able to tell because it’ll only show the upload speeds but its progress would be inconsistent and inaccurate or wouldn’t show any sign of progress at all. Other than the app itself, Nextcloud’s quality and UI is better than Google Drives’.
Like having control?
Nextcloud gives you control, as much as you can handle: 1) Make an account on a server run by their dev team - their mission is to protect your data, not sell it. 2) Learn barely any Linux - eg Ubuntu, and install the Nextcloud Server snap - now you can manage your own server. 3) Learn a lot about Linux - install Nextcloud server from source and have complete control of your data, I can help you get there - for now I’m doing it just for fun. Check out blog . somejoe . com for a full write up on #3, #2 will be posted soon - and my contact info is somewhere there ;)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nextcloud GmbH
- 87.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Nextcloud GmbH