Nextplus lets you stay in touch with people around the world without giving out your real number. With Nextplus you'll get:
- A free US Phone number so friends can call & text you (you pick the area code)
- Free texting (SMS, MMS + group chat) to any US or Canadian mobile number
- Free inbound phone calls
- Toll-free calling from anywhere in the world with no restrictions!
- Inexpensive outbound phone calls
- Works great over WiFi so you don’t even need a 3G/4G connection.
- No contracts, no “surprise” costs.
HOW IT WORKS
Unlike other app-to-app messengers, we let you call and text ANY phone number!
Nextplus works across all your devices so you'll never miss a message. All you need is WiFi - no 3G/4G connection required!
Your friend’s phone company charges us small fees to deliver texts and calls on their networks. Rather than force you to pay, we let you view a few banner ads or watch a quick video. If you choose, you can pay a buck or two and make those ads disappear. The choice is yours!
IN APP SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS
- Keep Your Number for 1 year $1.99 / Remove Banner Ads for 1 month $0.99 / Remove Banner Ads for 1 year $5.99 / Unlimited Ad-Free calls to Mexico (landlines) for 1 month $6.99 / Unlimited Ad-Free Calls to Mexico (mobile) for 1 month $29.99/ Unlimited Ad-Free calls to US & Canada for 1 year $19.99
- If you choose to subscribe to a plan, you will be charged a price according to the plan selected in your country. The price will be shown in the app before you complete the payment.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the purchase price listed above
- You may manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings and then "Manage Subscriptions"
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription
- We do not support 911 in the US
- In order to place most outbound phone calls you will need to purchase credits within the App
- If push notifications are not enabled, you may not receive messages and calls
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
- Big time stability improvements
- Fixed an issue where the "Get Phone Number" button would sometimes become untappable
Ratings and Reviews
In my opinion there is nothing bad about this app except that you have to buy or earn credit to call people. I think you should have in limited call time and should should not have to earn or buy it with REAL MONEY. If this gets fits i will write another review and say how that got fixed. Texting: texting is very easy but you don't have the list of your contacts ready to text, you have to type in their phone number or name to be able to text them. But over all the flaws i think this app is a very smoothed runed game
Changing the name doesn’t change The Horrible, Misleading, ignoring all requests for help..
Do not waste your time with an app that is filled with nothing but ads, more ads and then even more ads you’re forced to watch, then be brought to the App Store after watching as if you want to buy something from their advertisers, just to earn a wee bit of Credit to go towards making calls with this so called “free” calling/texting app. Even that might be tolerable, or maybe it would be worth buying a plan from them if they ever returned emails when you were in need of “support” from them, but don’t expect a response, or even an acknowledgment of any kind if you need to ask them for help with something. They can’t even bother with a “sorry we can’t help you with this” & after a month and a half and 5 or 6 emails even so much and pleading for help, they haven’t even attempted to pretend to give a crap. Like I said, worst app ever. Even more horrible than the app is their “Support”. I’m happy to send proof to anyone who doesn’t believe it. I’ve never been so screwed over by an app, of any category, ever.
Waste of energy, and time, and I’ve run out of patience, I don’t care to go out of my way to write bad reviews ever, I’d mostly say nothing at all but these people are pathetic and I must let them, and possible future App users, esp anyone who would buy anything from them. BEWARE.
Developer Response ,
Hi, sorry for your trouble. Please email email@example.com with further detail on the issue you're experiencing so our team can sort this out. We look forward to assisting you! When contacting us please make sure you make the subject of the email "iTunes Review Contact". This is so we can assist you ASAP! Nextplus lets you text any mobile number in the US & CA, a feature that differentiates us from other apps. Our ads help enable us to keep texting free. If you'd like an ad-free Nextplus experience: Purchase our monthly ad-free subscription for $0.99 by launching Nextplus, tapping the menu icon on the right of your top navigation bar, then selecting "Premium Plans." You can even purchase any of our calling plans that will also remove the ads as well.
Took away my number. Can’t even recover password
Love this app and had same number for years. I log in just about everyday or every other day. I haven’t received texts in a while so I open up the app and it asks me to log in. My login info is gone. I can’t recover my password either because it says account not found. The recent software update caused the app to log out and I guess my number got taken away. Going with google voice instead. Tired of this nonsense. Couldn’t even buy my number permanently like it mentions after requiring frequent logins because there was no good link to click on to do so. 1 Star. Give me the exact directions and to reclaim my number back to buy the number and I’ll gladly change my review to 5 star, otherwise it stays 1 Star. No way to contact customer service once your account gets deleted. You guys do want money right?
Developer Response ,
Hello there Stephen8334,
We apologize for the troubles you are experiencing. Please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work to resolve these issues for you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
- textPlus, Inc.
- 199.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © textPlus, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- $1.99 in Calling Credit $1.99
- $1.99 in Calling Credit $1.99
- Text for a day $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.