Free service for the print-disabled.
Over five hundred newspapers and magazines plus weather, TV listings, and retail ads.
NFB-NEWSLINE is a free service available to anyone who is blind, visually impaired, or print-disabled. It offers over five hundred publications to choose from including:
- Thirteen national newspapers like the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, and USA Today
- Thirty-three breaking news sources such as CNN, BBC, and ESPN Online
- Fourteen international newspapers including Financial Times and Vancouver Sun
- Seventy magazines like Reader’s Digest, Time, Rolling Stone, Guideposts, PC World, and countless state newspapers
For a complete list of available publications, please visit https://nfb.org/participating-newspapers.
New! KNFB Reader Basic is now a part of NFB-NEWSLINE! All of the core features you love about KNFB Reader are now free with NFB-NEWSLINE. KNFB Reader Basic gives you instant access to print anytime, anywhere, offering text recognition using your device’s camera. Use it to import or take a photo of anything containing text and the app will read the text out loud or display it on a connected refreshable Braille device. The app helps you get a good photo with special alignment tools, including spoken and vibration guidance.
Additional NFB-NEWSLINE Features:
- Television listings so you can keep track of your favorite shows
- The latest retail ads from stores like Target and Walmart
- Localized weather alerts. Have you heard the emergency alert tone on the television but are unable to read the message scrolling on the screen? Now you can simply sign into NFB-NEWSLINE and the text of the alert will be read to you on the spot. NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile uses your device’s GPS, so your weather alerts and forecasts go with you wherever you go.
To use this app, you must be an NFB-NEWSLINE subscriber with a valid identification and security code. Eligible NFB-NEWSLINE subscribers may install and use this app on up to five devices. To learn more about NFB-NEWSLINE and how you can sign up, visit www.nfbnewsline.org or call 866-504-7300.
NFB-NEWSLINE is a service of the National Federation of the Blind. http://www.nfb.org
The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
This version of NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile contains improvements and bug fixes for the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy access to a variety of news media
I NFB newsline review
As much as I like this app, I think they’ve gotten a little bit sloppy in their development. The app doesn’t seem to be near Lee as functional as it used to in previous versions. There is the issue of moving from one page to another, there is the issue of never knowing where you’re going to land once you change pages and the issue that once you have a particular area that you want to use on a regular basis, whenever you re-open the app you have to re-initialize it in order for it to function properly. Also I think the idea of adding the basic function of the KNFB reading software should not have been added. It actually does a disservice to the app and takes away from its initial function
Nfb News Line
What’s not to like? Free information from periodicals and newspapers many of which were never available before to blind people. The addition of special weather and TV listings raises the quality. Also contains a basic version of K Nf B Reader. I have use this application for years. I get articles from my local newspaper and the associated press plus many magazines. I have used it both in the United States and when I was abroad. It is very easy to use without the complex down loading required of other systems.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- National Federation of the Blind
- 100.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © National Federation of the Blind
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.