The official NHL® app is your one-stop-shop for ALL things hockey. From dekes and dangles, to overtime winners and cellys, to news, scores, stats, tickets, arena info, and highlights; there’s no other app you need to unleash your hockey fandom.
We’ve been hard at work creating new ways for you to immerse yourself in hockey this season. Here’s what we’ve been working on.
What’s new for the 2019-2020 season:
• Redesigned Gamecenter experience from the ground up
• Follow every game this season from puck drop until the final horn
• Stay up-to-date with every team’s scores, schedules, standings, videos, and rosters
• Read news updates from your favorite team and around the league
• Set up team push notifications for game start, game end, goals (with your favorite team’s official horn), news, and more
• Customize the NHL® app icon to feature your favorite team*
• Subscribe to NHL.TV™ and stream all your favorite team’s live games* in beautiful 60 frames per second HD video
• Watch up to four games a week for free on NHL.TV™*
• Pause and rewind NHL.TV™ with DVR controls to never miss a play
• Personalize NHL.TV™ broadcasts with home or away feeds
• View key plays and pivotal moments with in-game and post-game highlights
• Subscribe to NHL Premium™ and make the NHL app ad-free. You can also stream 2-minutes per period of any game, blackout-free (NHL.TV™ subscribers get NHL Premium™ free)
• Listen to the radio broadcast of any game for free
• Take the radio broadcast on the road with Apple CarPlay
^All live and on-demand games are subject to blackouts and other restrictions.
* The NHL® app is not the official team app for the Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, San Jose Sharks, Toronto Maple Leafs, or Vancouver Canucks.
Access NHL Premium™ for $2.99 monthly or for $19.99 yearly or get NHL.TV™ for $24.99 monthly or for $144.99 yearly. Monthly subscribers will be automatically billed through Apple every 30 days year-round, yearly subscribers will be automatically billed every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Features and content within the NHL® app are subject to change.
NHL, the NHL Shield and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and NHL.TV, NHL LIVE and NHL Premium are trademarks of the National Hockey League.
NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Here's what's new in the latest release of the NHL® app:
• We've added additional support for the NHL's newest team - The Seattle Kraken™. Customize your NHL® app icon with the Kraken logo by navigating to the Settings page and tapping on Home Screen Icon
• Support for the 2020 Stanley Cup Qualifiers™
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It’s a Solid App... With a Few Flaws
I have been a long time flyers fan and I downloaded this app to follow the team better. It allows me to do so by notifying me about scores and news articles, but there are some flaws. For example the “free games” on nhl premium (which is a scam anyway) are not free for everyone. Also, sometimes when I open the app while game is going on, it gives me a notification that I can watch a game live on NHL premium. However I CANNOT ACCESS ANYTHING ON THE APP until I click on the notification which sends me to a page to buy a subscription to NHL premium. It’s fine if it’s a one time glitch, but it is every time. There are also some smaller things, like how stats don’t include hit leaders, but the radio feature is nice and overall it is very customizable. So 4 stars, it could be better but it does its job
Crashes more than Chris Kreider does into Goalies
I use this app a lot to stream games because Xfinity is way too expensive and the games aren’t in HD... But if there was any other reliable options to watch I’d probably go with that. The NHL app works half of the time which is why I gave it three stars and no more. When the app works it’s awesome, 95% of the time the stream is clear and the other 5% is just because of our internet so I can’t blame them on that. I love how it’s set up where you can see standings, League news and news about your single team! BUT... And this is a big but, IT CRASHES HALF THE TIME, I’ll think to myself, “HMMM I wonder what the scores are tonight” and these are the three things that happen... It either just won’t load, the app will load and you’ll see the home screen for a second and then it’ll crash OR when I press to see the scores it crashes. I don’t mind having to google scores but isn’t the point of the app to make it easier on the users to have info and entertainment easily accessible? Also like 15% of the time when we try to stream it’ll say we’re streaming the game but it’ll just show the two team logos and the NHL shield in the middle and will do nothing... Again when the app works it’s great but I find it not working A LOT
Original Review: This year they dropped support for ps3 and Xbox 360. Due to this I was given the opportunity to experience how terrible using the app to watch a replay is. No period start selection. Absolutely garbage scrubbing controls. The -10 sec button often reverts back to the beginning of the game. The one positive is the streaming feed has less jumps and quality drops than the console apps had during live games.
Almost forgot the constant notifications telling you if you want to see the notification content to turn off “hide scores”. How about not sending score notifications instead when hide scores is set?
Update: The casting video player is fantastic. 10 second buttons have been replaced with 30 second buttons that actually work. The slider is much smoother and loads the video perfectly and at the correct time that is showing when you lift your finger up. Would still love to see the addition of the period start selection and ceasing score notifications when scores are turned off but I’m very happy with the recent changes.
- BAMTech LLC.
- 239.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- © NHL® 2020. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- NHL.tv Monthly $24.99
- NHL Premium Monthly $2.99
- NHL.tv Monthly $4.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.