The official NHL® App is the best place to unleash your hockey fandom with live hockey on your iPhone and iPad! Go rinkside with your favorite team and players with the NHL.TV™ Free Games of the Week, radio broadcasts, stats, scores, news, and more!
••• NEW FOR 2018-2019 SEASON •••
• Watch highlights and the latest videos from your favorite team and around the league through our vertical portrait video player
• Access game information, intermission clocks, and scoring updates right on your wrist through our Apple Watch App
• Explore NHL® Arena information such as food and beverage locations through the Arena section on participating team pages
••• PERSONALIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE •••
• Stay up-to-date with every team’s scores, schedules, standings, news, videos, and rosters
• Listen to Home, Away, and alternate language (where available) radio broadcasts
• Set up team push notifications for game start, game end, goals (with your favorite team’s official horn), news, and more
• Watch key plays and pivotal moments with in-game and post-game highlights
• Customize the NHL® App icon in your favorite team’s logo and colors*
••• ADDITIONAL NHL® App FEATURES •••
• NHL.TV™ Free Games of the Week are available to stream in the App
• Live-updating scores featuring power play clocks, on-ice simulations, and intermission countdown clocks
• Stats for leaders spanning over 100 years of NHL® history
• 60 frames per second HD streaming for live video (supported iPhones and iPads only)
• Pause and rewind NHL.TV™ with DVR controls to never miss a play
• Multitasking and Picture-in-Picture capabilities (supported iPads only)
••• WATCH LIVE GAMES WITH NHL.TV™ •••
• NHL.TV™ subscribers can watch out-of-market 2018-2019 regular season games LIVE and on demand^
• Live stream games from all 31 teams
• Watch or listen to games with home or away feeds
• Bonus!: NHL.TV™ subscribers receive NHL Premium™ for free
••• GET NHL PREMIUM™•••
• Watch two minutes of action in every regulation period in every regular season game live with no blackout restrictions
• Watch the final minutes, including 3-on-3 OT and shootouts, of every live out-of-market game
• Total Ad-free experience
^All live and on-demand games are subject to blackouts and other restrictions.
*The NHL® App is not the official team app for the Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, Pittsburgh Penguins, San Jose Sharks, and Toronto Maple Leafs. App icon customization is not available for the Buffalo Sabres, Montreal Canadiens, and Toronto Maple Leafs.
Access NHL Premium™ for $2.99 monthly or for $19.99 yearly or get NHL.TV™ Monthly for $24.99 per month. You will be automatically billed $2.99 or $24.99 through iTunes every 30 days year round or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
NHL, the NHL Shield and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and NHL.TV, NHL LIVE and NHL Premium are trademarks of the National Hockey League.
NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2018. All Rights Reserved.
The NHL Draft™ ushers in the next generation of talent into the league. Here's what's new in the latest release of the NHL® App:
• Support for the 2019 NHL Draft™
• Bug fixes & performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a Solid App... With a Few Flaws
I have been a long time flyers fan and I downloaded this app to follow the team better. It allows me to do so by notifying me about scores and news articles, but there are some flaws. For example the “free games” on nhl premium (which is a scam anyway) are not free for everyone. Also, sometimes when I open the app while game is going on, it gives me a notification that I can watch a game live on NHL premium. However I CANNOT ACCESS ANYTHING ON THE APP until I click on the notification which sends me to a page to buy a subscription to NHL premium. It’s fine if it’s a one time glitch, but it is every time. There are also some smaller things, like how stats don’t include hit leaders, but the radio feature is nice and overall it is very customizable. So 4 stars, it could be better but it does its job
Crashes more than Chris Kreider does into Goalies
I use this app a lot to stream games because Xfinity is way too expensive and the games aren’t in HD... But if there was any other reliable options to watch I’d probably go with that. The NHL app works half of the time which is why I gave it three stars and no more. When the app works it’s awesome, 95% of the time the stream is clear and the other 5% is just because of our internet so I can’t blame them on that. I love how it’s set up where you can see standings, League news and news about your single team! BUT... And this is a big but, IT CRASHES HALF THE TIME, I’ll think to myself, “HMMM I wonder what the scores are tonight” and these are the three things that happen... It either just won’t load, the app will load and you’ll see the home screen for a second and then it’ll crash OR when I press to see the scores it crashes. I don’t mind having to google scores but isn’t the point of the app to make it easier on the users to have info and entertainment easily accessible? Also like 15% of the time when we try to stream it’ll say we’re streaming the game but it’ll just show the two team logos and the NHL shield in the middle and will do nothing... Again when the app works it’s great but I find it not working A LOT
Original Review: This year they dropped support for ps3 and Xbox 360. Due to this I was given the opportunity to experience how terrible using the app to watch a replay is. No period start selection. Absolutely garbage scrubbing controls. The -10 sec button often reverts back to the beginning of the game. The one positive is the streaming feed has less jumps and quality drops than the console apps had during live games.
Almost forgot the constant notifications telling you if you want to see the notification content to turn off “hide scores”. How about not sending score notifications instead when hide scores is set?
Update: The casting video player is fantastic. 10 second buttons have been replaced with 30 second buttons that actually work. The slider is much smoother and loads the video perfectly and at the correct time that is showing when you lift your finger up. Would still love to see the addition of the period start selection and ceasing score notifications when scores are turned off but I’m very happy with the recent changes.
- BAMTech LLC.
- 206.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © NHL® 2019. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- NHL Premium Monthly $2.99
- NHL.tv Monthly $24.99
- NHL.tv Monthly $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.