Campfire gives the Niantic community a new way to experience the joy of real-world gameplay.
Find and connect with nearby players to accomplish in-game activities and quests!
• Discover real-time activities and plan ahead using the Campfire Map
• Find game communities and meet new players in your area
• Connect with players through direct messages and group messages
• Schedule group gatherings with old and new groups
• Manage your Niantic ID and Niantic friends
Bug Fixes from previous version
Ratings and Reviews
Its not bad just needs some fixes
So overall i like the app my only issue has been with hosting raids, I've hosted 4. 2 worked 2 did not work. My first try at the raid just when i got all the plays and was supposed to join the chat to invite everyone to the rsid I kept getting a error and couldn’t do it, second one went great got the players, got into the chat, it sent out a thing in chat for everyone one to click to get in the raid went great caught Moltres. Third raid did everything the second did but for some reason it told me to invite all the players to the raid manually, by the time i was able to i had to back out cause i didn’t get it done in time, fourth time worked. Overall i like the app but hopeful it will be like the second time around moving forward.
Could be better
App is glitchy and barely functional but I guess it does the job. There should be a feature added where you can filter through tier raids or search a specific raid boss by search bar instead of endlessly swiping through the map. That would be helpful for people who are hunting a specific boss.
Also campfire requiring you to zoom in really close to see ongoing raids is ridiculous. At least make it where you can zoom out a bit more within a certain radius. Why can I only see raids 2-3 streets over? If I’m doing drive-by raids or raid hour I want a bigger radius.
Although difficult to navigate this app fills a void that players have been waiting years for. An actual way to communicate with other players. Or at least it did until recently. The general chat was a way to connect for raids and removing it makes Campfire that much less useful. And don’t bother with the team up button. Supposedly it randomly connects players with an open raid. I don’t want a random raid and if it’s a Pokémon I don’t want, there goes a $2 raid pass just for looking at it. I don’t know personally however, because after multiple attempts I’m still waiting… The raid map and chat feature are useful, if years too late. With raids being a money maker and one of the huge draws of the game, the recent Campfire nerf is confusing and unpopular to say the least.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Niantic, Inc.
- 38.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Contests Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 Niantic, Inc.