NICE'S BEST is the ideal travel guide to Nice. Written by a pro-author it explores CITY and nearby COAST & MOUNTAINS; suggests ITINERARIES; details SIGHTS; then suggests great spots to EAT. All content (110+ points of interest/160+ pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads!
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
*NICE'S BEST* starts with a TRIP ESSENTIALS section to help with planning, which includes coverage of FESTIVALS & EVENTS as well as TRANSPORT info.
It then introduces the CITY, COAST and MOUNTAINS to help orientate you, before suggesting ITINERARIES, which offer first-timers the ideal way to explore the region using easy-to-follow routes.
Or, if you’re keen on exploring local ART; delving into regional HISTORY; spending time outdoors HIKING or in PARKS & GARDENS; or just want to find the best attractions for KIDS & FAMILIES, you might just dive straight into one of these themed sections. Other themed sections include BEACHES, CYCLING and WINTER SPORTS.
Finally the app details many good places to EAT, DRINK, SHOP to help ensure a perfect trip.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
• Language and Etiquette
APP FEATURE: THE CITY, COAST & MOUNTAINS
The lowdown on city-layout and surrounding regions:
• Modern Nice
• Nice Beyond/L'Arrière Pays Niçois
• Old Nice/Vieux Nice
• The French Riviera/Côte d’Azur
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES
With instructions and transport links:
• Nice City Centre in a Day
• The Vésubie: A Scenic Drive in Nice’s Beyond
• Old Nice Walking Tour
• Outer Nice
• Route du Baroque
• The Côte d’Azur: Nice to Italy
• The Roya: A drive into the Nice's Beyond
APP FEATURE: SIGHTS, INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Kids & Families
• Parks & Gardens
• Winter Sports
APP FEATURE: EAT, DRINK & SHOP
Recommendations of where to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Cafés & Bars
• Shops & Shopping
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: Paul Shawcross has penned city guides for Thomas Cook and revised and contributed text for several Michelin Green Guides. He has also authored pieces for in-flight magazines and coffee table books as well as articles for several leading periodicals including Living France, France Today and France Magazine. While loving France and going back as often as possible, Paul travels widely in Europe and is currently the European editor for travel planning website Bindutrips.com.
• ICON: Matt Kieffer@Flickr
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Zoom and pan images when full-screen
Ratings and Reviews
Very easy to use, itineraries easy to follow with lots if interesting info to help planning both the whole stay and every day’s activities. A great help.
Nice nice guide
Haven’t been yet but app def good for planning and is easy to use.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 37.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Paul Shawcross
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.