Night Eye enables dark mode on any website using a new algorithm that analyses and converts all colors instead of simply inverting them. When Dark Mode is enabled, the colors of each website are analyzed and converted in a such way to provide you with a smooth and consistent dark theme.
Dark mode is better than the blinding bright design on most websites in 3 aspects. Negative long-term effects by the increasing screentime can be mitigated by inverting the colors in the darker spectrum. This is especially valid if you are suffering from various eye conditions such as photophobia or working in low-light environment. There are also studies suggesting that ambient lights affect circadian rhythm and sleep cycles. Last but not least improved productivity is observed mainly due to the decrased strain on the eyes.
Night Eye enables night mode (dark mode) on all your favorite websites like Facebook, Quora, Github, Stackoverflow, Wikipedia and much more. It does not work on "chrome://" urls or local files "file://" (no extension does, by the way - limitation of the browser).
NIGHT EYE FEATURES
The extension allows you to quickly switch the three available modes:
- Dark - Go into complete dark mode. All colors, small images and icons will be converted to give you the smoothest dark experience possible.
- Filtered - The websites’ colors will not be changed, but you can still adjust brightness, contrast, warmth and more.
- Normal - Dark themes are not always better for eye strain, so you can choose normal mode for the website.
- OS/Browser Color scheme integration - sync Night Eye with your macOS/Windows dark themes.
- Deep integration with websites that have their own built-in dark themes.
- Schedule dark mode to turn on and off
- Custom dark mode for online PDFs
- Export/Import data between your browsers
Any modifications you make such as contrast level adjustment, blue light filter and etc. can be applied to a single website or globally.
- Images - Night Eye analyses and converts only the small images and icons in a website to give you even smoother experience. Facebook posts and other significant media are not converted.
- Brightness / Saturation / Contrast - Adjust the brightness, the contrast and the saturation to match the recommended healthy levels and protect your eyes. The default setting for each is 50%, but you can customize each to the preferred levels.
- Blue Light - Take care of your eyes by eliminating the blue light coming from your screen. Highly recommended especially during late night browsing. Simply slide to the preferred level of warmth.
- Dim - Extremely useful if you are working in a dark space/room and the screen is the only source of light in the room. The default setting is set to 50%, but you can customize it as you please.
ALWAYS AVAILABLE SUPPORT
Built-in support system - we take pride in being available to provide reliable support and help you with any problems or issues you might experience with the extension. (Support is in English only for now.)
WE CARE ABOUT PRIVACY
We only store the saved settings for each visited website of each Night Eye user in their localStorage (your computer). This relates to all adjustments made by the user to improve their browsing experience through the use of Night Eye
Night Eye comes with to options: Night Eye Lite and Night Eye Pro
Before going to Lite, we would like to invite you to try out Night Eye Pro for free for 3 months - no credit card, no payment asked - simply install and try it out.
Follow us on Twitter to keep up with the latest news around Night Eye and what we are planning ahead - https://twitter.com/nighteye_ext
We made a number of improvements to Night Eye - Dark Mode for Safari. Here are the highlights:
- Fixed - extension not showing that was enabled in the app
We want to thank our community for offering features and reporting bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Used to be great
Night eye. used to be a great app I contacted the developer and told him that on safari the application on the menu bar is all scrambled and you can't read any of the letters. This person gave me a link to upload photos that I don't even know what he's talking about. Now I'm stuck with the application not working correctly. I can't read anything when I click on the icon in my safari menu bar. And lately as soon as I turn it on everything on any Safari page goes white in the background as well as the text. If this is not fixed I will not renew my subscription come January2022
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your support. Thank you for the review.
We all want free things but...
You get what you pay for -- this app does its job, does it better and easier than 'work arounds' and has been a great help already in the hours I've had it.
Sure, similiar apps exist for different browsers and some of those are free. But, if you use safari and want a reliable night mode option then this app seems like the way to go. At the end of the day, the cost is very minimable for the benefit ... and many of us easily 'waste' much more money in a day on over-priced coffee which doesn't have near the utility and interaction time this extension does.
I haven't paid the yearly price yet for premium as there is a 3 month free period, but upon its expiration I plan on supporting the team that makes Night Eye.
Cons: Has a price attached.
Pro: Has a seemingly good team behind it, works quite well, is much easier and more universal to implement than the various free 'work arounds' available, doens't require switching to a different browser (say what you will about safari, but I like it), and makes significant screen time use much nicer to interact with day or night.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad that we are making your browsing experience better with Safari. If you have any feedback for us you can contact us with built-in chat in the extension. We love Safari and will continue provide best dark mode for it.
question for the dev team
This app is perfect as it actively collor corrects ever web page that it is able to work with. This means that even on sites where there is a lot of glow space that makes the whole window bright that normal screen darkeners wont work on Night eye does because it overwrites the colors with dark theme and makes even the most anoying page easier to look at. And the fact you can buy a liscence for a reasonable fee for the support and all the added features makes it well worth the cost. It would be dumb to not buy the liscence if you will use the app for as long as you can use a computer.
Developer Response ,
Thank you the review. We are glad that you like it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PROMOTINO LTD OOD
- 7.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, Bulgarian, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 - 2021 Promotino Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- One-year subscription $8.99
- One time license $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.