Nightingale is the first smart home sleep system designed to mask common indoor and outdoor noises to help you sleep better every night. Nightingale works by creating customized blankets of comfortable sound - specifically tuned to mask noises that cause wake occurrences. Nightingale can be customized based on the type of room, the acoustics of the room, and personal sleep conditions. Automatic scheduling allows you to program Nightingale to turn on before bedtime and turn off before you wake up. It can even ramp up the sound blankets slowly over time.
Unlike white noise machines, Nightingale sound blankets take into account your room's architecture (wood floors, windows, carpet, etc.) and utilize the walls to reflect sound blankets into the space from two different units, each with 2 speakers. This creates a uniform and even coverage - and means the brain can't perceive where the sound is coming from, making it blend into the background. Nightingale can also play different nature sounds to help ease you to sleep.
Nightingale can be controlled via Bluetooth (for local use) or WiFi for remote use and expanded functionality. If you choose to connect via WiFi for control,
When using WiFi, advanced features are available including, automatic scheduling allows you to program Nightingale to turn on before bedtime and turn off before you wake up and IoT connectivity with many popular WiFi connected home automation devices!
For Best Operation Please Review the Following Setup Tips!
• The Nightingale Sleep System has been specifically designed to be controlled by a mobile phone. Please review the list of tested mobile phones that represent the largest share of smart phones in use today – other Apple Phones may also work:
• iPhone SE
• iPhone 5s
• iPhone 6
• iPhone 6s
• iPhone 7 Plus
• WiFi Operation: ensure that your wireless router is either a 2.4gHz or Dual Band router – you can find this information on the label of the router. The Nightingale Sleep System is designed to only operate on the 2.4gHz band.
• WiFi Operation: Ensure that the signal strength in the room where the units will be located is good. You can check the signal strength using your phone or via a free app (search Google for any free WiFi Meter Application. WiFi signal strength should ideally be in the -50 to -70 range).
• Make sure that the wall outlet that you have chosen to plug Nightingale Sleep System into is NOT a switched plug or the switch must remain in the on position! (If this is unavoidable, then keep in mind that Nightingale only draws power from the lower outlet.)
• If you should experience difficulty with connectivity or other setup issues, please visit http://www.meetnightingale.com/support or call us directly at 1-866-821-7333.
- Fixed cancel login bug
- Added version number to home screen
- Wrapped text fix
Ratings and Reviews
Not worth the price but it works
Frustrated by how often the app crashes. I just tried to turn it on and it claims to be on. So I click stop and the app crashes. Happened multiple times in a row. I also have trouble trying it in new places and the point of it being small is to be portable. It works, but it wasn’t cheap, so I expect more out of it.
Amazing Product, Works Great, Could be Improved
I used this product for the first time yesterday and was impressed. Initial set up and programming was very easy to do.
I was able to sleep through one of the biggest rainstorms we have had in the past 1,000 years. So it definitely gets the job done!
Only reason I gave it a 4 Star is because I feel like the product has more potential than what it is currently capable of doing. There are only 6 nature sounds available but it would be nice to have more of a variety. It also seems like there should be a way to play other things through the speakers like music... other than that, highly recommend getting this!
Bought this to drone out city noise in my new apartment. Had some trouble with getting the sound to a level that was enough to drown out sound but not loud enough to keep me up. Once I got it working it does it's job. Haven't tried with Alexa yet, but don't have a need to either.
- Cambridge Sound Management, Inc
- 19 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Cambridge Sound Management
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.