Decorate your Mac with bright, shiny lights! It doesn’t matter which holiday you’re celebrating, there’s a color combination for every need. NightLights comes with C7, Mini, Bubble, LED, Flicker, and novelty shaped light bulbs. You can mix and match, choose from various blink modes, and more!
Use NightLights to frame your display with colored lights, or create lighted scenes with your own photos, and backgrounds.
- Choose your own bulb sequence from over 90 different lightbulbs.
- Frame your display, or place lights anywhere on your screen!
- Scale the lights larger, or smaller.
- Adjust the spacing between bulbs.
- Choose from a selection of blink effects: Off, On, Chase, Random, Flicker and Blink.
- Choose from a selection of holiday presets.
- Lots of Background options:
- Add your own text message.
- Change Background Colors.
- Window Frames.
- Weather effects: snow, rain with lightning, and falling leaves.
- Audio Playback.
- And More!
- NightLights can also be used similar to a screen saver, or set to display over your Desktop!
Optimized for macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nice app, but...
The primary issue keeping me from using this app is the fact that in desktop mode it is a floating window. Unlike other apps of this type (which no longer work because they are 32 bit), it cannot be made to appear as a normal window or on the desktop, so there's no way to use it without making it impossible to work. Having visiting the support link and the author's website, I've found no functional way to contact the author or actually file a support request. Very disappointed.
I seemed to have missed your latest update. The App Store is so good about that. Is there any way that you can make this a screen saver? We are big on holidays around here and I would use this a lot more if It could be a screen saver, too. It's a bit of a time waster for me to just sit and watch it. (I have a lap top so when I'm not using it I shut the lid. And I have a couple of cats who would just love to lay on the keyboard so really I only use it for when I'm board or want to say happy whatever to someone at home. If it supposed to be a screen saver- please let me know what I missed in the directions. And you do need some more lights for variety and other holidays other than the main ones. Birthdays, anniversaries, back to school, snowmen, etc. Everything and anything! Your artwork is great. This was the very first app I ever bought from the app store and wouldn't you know it, when I was backing up my disk, I accidently erased it! I wanted to add my 2 cents before I decided whether or not to purchase it again.
I have had this app for many years! For some reason, it will freeze and not allow me to change the screen!! I am so sad and can’t use this thing any more!!!
- Michael Briscoe
- 63.5 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2002 - 2018 Skyrocket Software, Michael Briscoe
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.