#Featured on Mashable, ProductHunt, OcularPrime and many more: goo.gl/HlQxl5
NightTone makes your screen more comfortable, enjoyable and healthier by shifting the colors of your display to a warmer, eye-friendly palette. It makes you sleep and feel better.
It's perfect for everyone's health, especially for people with visual perception problems, light sensitivity or discomfort.
• The science behind the app
The monitor's blue light tricks our circadian rhythm (our natural body clock) into thinking that it’s daytime. It suppresses melatonin (that sends "time to sleep" cues) and builds up histamine that helps wake us up, boosts attention and reaction times. In other words, it resets that feeling of tiredness and hurts our sleep cycle.
Just remember: It's bad to be exposed to sleep-inhibiting blue light during the night.
• Predefined color pallets for common scenarios
- Warm orange for late working hours
- Soft black or inverted colors for dark rooms
- Noisy green for long text reading
- Silky blue for rooms with artificial light
- Tender white for movies night or dark photo work
- All colors are adjustable and can be changed to anything you are comfortable with
- Change the screen brightness and palette to warmer colors
- Configure the display to virtually any color you want
- Invert the screen's colors for better usage in very dark rooms
- Multiple monitors supported
- The app can active itself only during nights (and you can customize the activation hours)
- Start at login, schedule the app and forget it exists. Just enjoy the benefits
- Easy to use and there is absolutely no configuration required
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complain and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Bug fix (NightTone was freezing when the top menu was hidden)
Ratings and Reviews
cannot open it
I downloaded the app, and like other recent reviews, it's not working. It did not show up in the toolbar; it is on the Launchpad page on the Mac, it showed up in the Applications list, but when I dragged it to desktop to open it manually, nothing happens. So I've sent the developer an email.
Developer Response ,
After you open the app you will see it in the menubar (near the clock).
If you need more details you can contact me at email@example.com and I will gladly help you.
I like it
I just purchased NightTone. I had been using Night Shift on my iPhone and was looking for the same type of feature for my Mac Pro. I found that, while there is a Night Shift for High Sierra, it only works with Apple monitors (just a guess. I don’t know this as a fact). I use a super-wide LG curved monitor, so my display options do not include Night Shift. So, as an alternative, I’d been using funky blue-blocker reading glasses at night.
This evening, immedicatly after downloading NightTone, I clicked the small cloud/moon icon in the menu bar, selected Turn on Tone Now, and the relief to my eyes was instant; I could actually feel the difference. I was also able to set a schedule so the display will always toggle on/off based on the time of day.
Basic App, better than nothing
This is a basic app and is worth the $2.99 for those who are sensitve to bright LED light, especially at night. A simple icon appears in the menu bar. Easy to turn on and off, unlike Flux (why I switched). I wish there were more orange / red tones to choose from. These are the only tones that work at night for better melatonin. The research is still out about back lit LEDs, even with color profile changes, but this app is surely better than looking at bright white light well into the night. Worth a try for $2.99!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denk Alexandru
- 3.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Denk Alexandru
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.