#Featured on Mashable, ProductHunt, OcularPrime and many more: goo.gl/HlQxl5
NightTone makes your screen more comfortable, enjoyable and healthier by shifting the colors of your display to a warmer, eye-friendly palette. It makes you sleep and feel better.
It's perfect for everyone's health, especially for people with visual perception problems, light sensitivity or discomfort.
• The science behind the app
The monitor's blue light tricks our circadian rhythm (our natural body clock) into thinking that it’s daytime. It suppresses melatonin (that sends "time to sleep" cues) and builds up histamine that helps wake us up, boosts attention and reaction times. In other words, it resets that feeling of tiredness and hurts our sleep cycle.
Just remember: It's bad to be exposed to sleep-inhibiting blue light during the night.
• Predefined color pallets for common scenarios
- Warm orange for late working hours
- Soft black or inverted colors for dark rooms
- Noisy green for long text reading
- Silky blue for rooms with artificial light
- Tender white for movies night or dark photo work
- All colors are adjustable and can be changed to anything you are comfortable with
- Change the screen brightness and palette to warmer colors
- Configure the display to virtually any color you want
- Invert the screen's colors for better usage in very dark rooms
- Multiple monitors supported
- The app can active itself only during nights (and you can customize the activation hours)
- Start at login, schedule the app and forget it exists. Just enjoy the benefits
- Easy to use and there is absolutely no configuration required
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complain and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Bug fix (NightTone was freezing when the top menu was hidden)
Ratings and Reviews
Not worth it
Not worth the $2 to be honest, it offers the same things as the built-in-display night feature. Only bonus is that offers various color options if you dislike orange, everything else already comes with your laptop.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, Thank you for your review, I'm taking notes of all of them.The app offers a larger colour pallet and shades, indeed. It also offers different brightness levels and an inversion mode. If you need this kind of options, the app has a place on your computer.You can also send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will gladly provide you with more details.Regards.
I used this for a few months, and liked it except that it bumps up the screen brightness when it’s switched on, or when you change the color. It goes bright, and then you have to hit the dim button to get it back to the correct brightness. It got annoying to be blinded for a second every time I turned it on. Plus, the color seems to cloud over the black areas of the screen, reducing contrast in a bad way. The scheduler is a nice feature, though I personally didn’t use it much, and I liked the ability to customize the color.
Developer Response ,
What you are describing is actually the built in macOS auto-brightness functionality. You can disable it if you go to your Mac's System Preferences > Display > click the Display tab > uncheck the "Automatically adjust brightness" option.
For more details or help you can send me an email at email@example.com and I will gladly help you.
Honestly - not worth it for a paid app
The tones seem unnatural and there are quite a few better options (built into macOS and elsewhere). This deVeloper has a lot innteresting apps but no free trails and I'e been disappointed with most
Developer Response ,
Dear user, Thank you for your review, I'm taking notes of all of them.The application is configurable and you can change the color profile or settings. If you do not like a color, just change it or configure it to be closer to your preferences.You can also send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will gladly provide you with more details.Regards.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denk Alexandru
- 3.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Denk Alexandru
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.