Nike Run Club: Your Guide to a Better Run.
From expert coaches to an incredible community - the Nike Run Club running app has what you need to start running, keep running, and enjoy running more. Guided Runs**, Training Plans*, pace tracker, running log, GPS distance tracker and more await.
Join the Nike community and begin training with Training Plans* to fit your needs. With Guided Runs** and training tips picked out by our coaches - you have all the resources necessary to help you meet your training goals. Enjoy the journey with running workout motivation and guidance from top Nike coaches and athletes as they cheer you on. Half marathon training or just getting started - regardless of the goal - NRC has you covered.
With NRC’s Guided Runs**, our expert coaches - and some Nike legends - have got your back, with encouragement, guidance, and a familiar voice to look forward to every time. Easy or hard, long or short, intervals, 5k or 10k - there’s a Guided Run** for you.
Create and share challenges with friends to up your running speed, mileage and mentality or join one of our global challenges and run for a bigger purpose. Running app communities make the distance all the more rewarding so you never feel alone on your fitness journey.
Run alongside the Nike community and reach your goals with NRC.
RUN TRACKER: TRACK AND STORE RUNS
• Running speed, distance, GPS route, elevation, heart rate and mile splits are tracked and stored while you enjoy your run
• 5k, 10k or Half Marathon - Keep track of your personal records and mile splits with a running log
• Mile counter and pace tracker functionality allow you to keep on track with your goals
• Activity tracker syncs with your Apple watch and supported devices to provide constant support
TRAINING PLANS AND GUIDED RUNS
• NRC Training Plans give you a goal to run toward and the guidance to reach it*
• Running for beginners to regulars - whether you’re just getting started or race-ready - NRC has interactive plans for your goals and fitness level
• Running coach guidance with NRC’s Guided Runs so that you’re never running alone**
• Get motivation and inspiration from Nike coaches, elite athletes and entertainers like Eliud Kipchoge and Tom Sachs with Audio Guided Runs**
• Receive motivating in-run audio cheers from friends and send them support of your own
MOTIVATE YOURSELF WITH CHALLENGES
• 5K to 10K and beyond - earn milestone badges and trophies for streaks and personal bests
• Join or share public running challenges with your friends via any social media or messaging platform
• Beat running log bests and get a virtual high five from your run club
• Run in weekly and monthly NRC distance challenges or create a Challenge and invite friends
• Reach goals, earn achievements and go the distance
• Track the mileage on all your shoes, even if they aren’t Nikes
• Running speed can be recorded for each pair - learn which ones you run the fastest in
• Enjoy training, distance runs, interval workouts and more - when you’ve worn them out, we will remind you when to switch them for a new pair
• Training made easy: receive training advice, community stories and an occasional product drop
• Improve as a runner before you lace up - tips for health and wellness, marathon training and more
• Stay up to date on your friends’ fitness journeys every time they share a run
• Personalize activity posts by adding photos, stats and stickers and tailor who sees them
Nike Run Club will cheer you on, stride after stride. Download today.
Nike Run Club works with Apple Health to sync workouts and record heart-rate data.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
Apple Music: used to access music library to play music during workouts.
*Training Plans available in the US, UK, JP, CN, BR., FR, DE, ES, IT.
** Guided Runs available in select countries.
• Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Nike Run Club is more than a killer run tracker. It’s curated playlists for your jog, a social network where you can show off your hard work, and a killer run tracker. We dig the cool ways to share runs and compete with friends—and the design is as sleek as a fresh pair of Nike kicks.
From hating running to 80 total miles
In July this year I decided to start running, and downloaded this app because it had good reviews. I only wear leggings with pockets, so this was ideal for me. The distance and pace tracking works very well, and as a video game player I’m a fan of the achievements feature. I really look forward to seeing the “fastest 5k” badge show up with a new time. It’s also nice seeing my total miles.
The guided runs are also great. Sometimes I enjoy just running with music and losing track of time, with the occasional update on my distance, but other times I really need the motivation. There are distance or time based runs, and they’re built in a way where anyone can do them, no matter of skill level (though I guess I can’t speak to higher level, since I’m still building endurance).
The only thing I would change is that the weekly and monthly challenges don’t count past runs. I rarely see them on the first day of the challenge, so with the monthly ones I end up several days behind even though I did track miles on the app in the beginning of the month. That’s really the only criticism I have though! I’ve only had it bug out once out of 40 total runs!
Great for Beginners, Not So Much for Experienced
When I began running 5 years ago, I loved the app because it motivated me to run. The guided runs were always fun and uplifting to listen to during a run. I also really liked the coaching tab that had coaching for beginners, strength building, and for racing. I started out with coaching for beginners, then went to coaching for strength, and then coaching for my first half marathon race. Fast forward five years now, and I’ve outgrown the app because they’ve taken away the coaching for racing that adapts to your runs automatically. Now the coaching is “canned”, static, and does not adjust to the runner. Also, I’d like to sync my runs to running community apps, like Strava. However, the Nike Run Club app doesn’t sync to anything which makes it hard to share my progress with friends and my local running groups. Nike Run Club doesn’t have any running clubs in my area. They are only in the biggest of cities. For this reason I gave Nike Run Club app three stars. I would be happy to give it more stars if they brought back the adaptable coaching and allowed the app to sync with other apps. It does sync to Apple Health, but Apple Health won’t easily export all the run data, like splits, intervals/laps, etc. Apple Health only exports summary run data to other apps. Nike Run Club needs to build a direct integration to popular running community apps so all the run data can be viewed and analyzed in those apps.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nike, Inc
- 254.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Copyright 2020 Nike, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.