Keep your car safe and reach Tesla enlightenment with Nikola.
Nikola is a guardian for your Tesla, proactively helping you keep your car healthy and giving you access to essential data that is not available from Tesla.
• See your vehicle health at a glance; receive alerts when your Tesla has dangerously low battery, the car is unlocked, or a door or window is left open.
• Improve the resale value of your Tesla with a Nikola Report — like CarFax for your electric vehicle!
• Quickly check your battery level with the Nikola Apple Watch complication.
• Review important aspects of every drive, including efficiency, energy consumption, and top and average speed.
• Easily complete expense reports and taxes with a data export of your drives and charges.
• Unlock with no hands using Siri!
• Effortlessly open the trunk, frunk, start climate, and more from Nikola for Apple Watch.
• Compare your performance to other Tesla drivers with Nikola Fleet Stats.
• Learn more about your charging patterns at home and at superchargers, with data and graphs of your charge cycles including duration, energy added, and variations in power.
• Understand your driving and charging habits with beautiful, easy-to-read graphs of weekly data.
• Catch joyriding valets with Nikola’s suspicious activity alerts in Valet Mode — we’ve caught them before!
More alerts coming soon! Nikola is working for you.
• Nikola does not store your Tesla account password. The Nikola App on your Apple Device communicates directly with Tesla to obtain an authentication token, and saves the token to process vehicle data. The Nikola servers do not see or store your password. Privacy voodoo.
• Pause logging of driving and charging metrics at any time to go under the radar.
• Nikola doesn’t need to be open on your phone for metrics to be logged to the app.
• Nikola works wherever in the world you drive your Tesla.
Note: Nikola requires a subscription, paid from your App Store Account. Nikola offers an automatic one-week free trial before payment. The Nikola subscription will automatically renew and charge your account $9.99 at the end of the trial, and each month after that. You can cancel your free trial or subscription at any time by going to your iTunes Account Settings at least 24 hours before the end of the period.
Nikola was made by Tesla enthusiasts and is not endorsed by Tesla, Inc in any way.
Terms & Conditions: https://nikolaapp.com/terms
New in Nikola 2.7:
• At long last, Siri shortcuts for your Tesla! Our most highly requested feature has arrived.
• HomeLink controls in the app, widget, and in Siri shortcuts!
• Graph for DC fast charging (including supercharging). Apparently there are a bunch of non-Tesla DC fast chargers in Australia!
• Watch Controls responsiveness improvements.
• Improved app performance.
• Fixes an issue for temperature controls when using Celsius.
• Fixes an issue where the watch complication would show an incorrect range value for some cars in Europe.
New in Nikola 2.1 to 2.6:
• The fastest and most reliable car controls in the west! Nikola will accept controls immediately and work on your behalf to get them to your car, even if it has a poor connection or is in a "sleeping" state.
• Get a free month of Nikola when you refer a friend, see referral link in-app.
• New detailed climate controls, including the ability to set temperature and seat heaters.
• Added ability to smartly unlock the charge port by stopping a charge and then unlocking, which should be especially useful for non-USA Tesla owners.
• Apple Watch Controls will now ask for confirmation, as appropriate.
• iOS Widget: See your battery level and unlock your car from your home screen with the Nikola Widget.
• Smarter confirmation steps when sending car commands.
• Customize Widget appearance by selecting which vehicle to show or by selecting light or dark appearances.
• Trunk / frunk widget controls are now available.
• Vent and close windows from within Nikola.
• For cars with a sunroof, vent and close sunroof from within Nikola.
• Window and sunroof controls in the widget.
• Improved charge port lock handling.
• Vastly reduced "logouts" that caused some users to have to periodically log back in.
• Made Login seamless by adding the new Tesla login system and Multi-factor Authentication (MFA).
• Weekly average MPGe graph.
• Dozens of other enhancements, security improvements, and bug fixes.
Thank you to the beta testers who made recent upgrades to Nikola possible. I look forward to building future versions of Nikola with your help!
Ratings and Reviews
Best Tesla App Available! HIGHLY RECOMMEND ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I wish I could give more than a five star rating for this app. First and foremost, the developer is an extremely nice individual who takes a genuine interest in making sure the app is always at its best. He is extremely hands on with it, and each time the app updates, you get more cool features to use! This app is not only fun to use, it is genuinely interesting and extremely useful for anyone who owns a Tesla!
Several days ago I accidentally left one of my windows down when I parked my car, and I had just arrived at the Doctor’s when I got a notification that I had left the window all the way down. Well, I obviously ran back to my car quick and rolled it up and then went to my Doctor appointment. When I came back outside after my appointment it was POURING down rain!! I let out a huge sigh of relief that I got the notification when I did, otherwise I could’ve had a lot of damage to the inside of my car.
Most people, including myself, would give just the app an easy 5-star rating by itself, but when you add on how knowledgeable, friendly and dedicated the Developer is, you really can’t ask for anything more!
100% RECOMMEND ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much! Really appreciate your ongoing support of Nikola. I hope you keep in touch and send any feedback or requests my way. - David
I haven’t even tried the app. This review is because of the way this app tries to get you pay. There is no clear information about the fees. So you may think the app is free. Then you download the app and on first step he asks for your Tesla credentials before showing anything else. Now that he got your email and access to your Tesla account, he will hit you with the price that you MUST sign up or you can’t even access the app. The trial period that he offers is 7 days, but that’s also provided to you AFTER you give your credit card information. Because he already got your name and email, he automatically adds you to his mailing list and start sending you marketing emails, even if you don’t sign up and you delete the app immediately (which I did). So, basically, unless you give him your Tesla account access AND your credit card information, you get nothing from this app. But he gets your data to use for God knows what else in addition to marketing. The app features may be good (I don’t know because I didn’t give him my credit card info) but because the process is not honest, I don’t trust this type of people or companies.
Developer Response ,
Hello,I'ms sorry the app wasn't what you were looking for. That said, I hope you'll consider the harm done by negatively reviewing an app you haven't tried.
I do declare in the description that the app requires at least a trial. This is because monitoring Tesla's is very expensive for me to do. Apple unfortunately doesn't have a "subscription required" declaration I can put on the download button. Would you mind updating your review so people know I'm not misleading users?
Here's what's always been in the app store description: "Note: Nikola requires a subscription, paid from your App Store Account. Nikola offers an automatic one-week free trial before payment. The Nikola subscription will automatically renew and charge your account $9.99 at the end of the trial, and each month after that. You can cancel your free trial or subscription at any time by going to your iTunes Account Settings at least 24 hours before the end of the period."
Additionally, Nikola does not collect credit card info, as that is against Apple's rules. Nikola simply accepts subscriptions via your App Store account. Unlike other Tesla apps, you can try Nikola for free before paying anything.
Thanks for checking out the app.
Simple, informative, and beautiful graphics
I’ve tried several other apps but find this one to be nearly perfect for what I was looking for. I found it to be informative with its data and reports as well as simple to understand the way things were laid out. I am also an Apple Watch user and find the watch interface very useful. Whenever I’ve had questions or suggestions, the app developer has been quick to respond and eager to help.
Thanks for a great app and I can’t wait to see how it continues to be improved on an already great product!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much! Really appreciate your ongoing support of Nikola. Please feel free to keep sending requests and feedback my way.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nikola Software, LLC
- 34.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021, Nikola Software
- In-App Purchases
- Nikola Pro $9.99
- Battery Health, Trips, Charges $4.99
- Nikola Pro $79.99
- Battery Health, Trips, Charges $39.99
- All features for one Tesla $26.99
- Nikola Pro $9.99
- All features for two Teslas $159.99
- All features for three Teslas $239.99
- All features for two Teslas $19.99
- All features for three Teslas $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.