Are you driving your Tesla efficiently? Want to understand your charging and driving patterns?
Nikola is the perfect companion for your Tesla vehicle. Nikola helps you understand what your Tesla is up to. See detailed information about every trip and charge.
Note: Nikola is a subscription application. Nikola requires a monthly subscription for continued logging of your vehicle's metrics, paid from your iTunes Account. We offer an automatic 1-month free trial to "kick the tires" before payment. The Nikola subscription will automatically renew and charge your iTunes Account $4.99 at the end of the trial, and each month after that. You can cancel your free trial or subscription at any time by going to your iTunes Account Settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
Nikola was made by Tesla enthusiasts and is not endorsed by Tesla, Inc in any way.
• Review efficiency stats for each trip, including Watt-Hours per mile, energy consumed, and average speed
• Explore energy-usage maps for each drive
• See detailed data and graphs of your charge cycles at home and at superchargers, including duration, energy added, and variations in power over time
• See historical graphs for energy efficiency, driving, charging, and supercharging data by week
• Keep track of your battery level and range remaining
• Come to terms with how much time you spend at a supercharger
• Security: Nikola does not store your account password. The Nikola App communicates directly with Tesla to obtain an Authentication Token and uses the Token to track driving and charging metrics. Our servers never see your password.
• You can pause logging of driving and charging metrics at any time
• Nikola does not need to be open on your phone for metrics to be logged to the app
Terms & Conditions: http://nikolaapp.com/terms
Nikola 1.1.5 has a number of changes:
• Support for iOS Dark Mode!
• Streamlined initial setup
• Improved accuracy of Tesla Metrics, especially location-based metrics
• Improved support for iOS 13
• Significantly better battery efficiency
• Stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful stats! Beautifully designed!
Love all the stats you can get from this app about your driving — so easy to use and a wonderful user experience! And the security makes it even more attractive. Great job!
Takes personal data
I do not trust this app. It collects my Tesla email on its servers as the developer was able to send a mass email to users. I understand that point, but Tesla customers do not want their personal data being collected. If emails could be taken, then so can passwords.
Also in order to collect data with the app closed, the account token must be stored on a server which again is a security breach. Third party Tesla apps should only keep data local on the device and with that in mind, I discourage anybody from using this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for trying out Nikola. We’re sorry it wasn’t what you expected. We welcome any users unhappy with Nikola to send us feedback and, if they’re still not happy, cancel the subscription. We appreciate you giving Nikola a look and we’re always looking to improve the App. We go into detail about privacy and security on our website. • Regarding email: we contact our users for important service issues. Yesterday, Tesla’s Mobile App servers were down worldwide. After a few hours of continued Tesla downtime we felt we had an obligation to tell our users how they were affected. I personally wrote the email, described the issue, and pointed users to a Twitter account where they could see further updates.
Nikola for Tesla
This app provides great energy usage data and maps about my driving.
Privacy and security are very important to me, it’s a big plus that they do not store my tesla password and instead rely on auth tokens.
- David Hodge
- 18.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019, Nikola Software
- In-App Purchases
- Trips and Charges $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.