• Database icons and colors
• Forms do now support view elements
• Forms will render chart elements
• Improved form fields
Check out the new features on Mac and iPad:
• Kanban charts: Pick a grouping column and let Ninox render your data as Kanban swim lanes.
• GANTT charts: Ninox will automatically render GANTT bars from the first two date fields in the table view.
• Cards view: Let Ninox show your records as nicely rendered cards on a gallery.
• Form view: Displays the form full screen.
• Styled headlines and free text elements
• Tooltips: Help your users with optional tooltips.
• Schema protection: Password-protect your templates from modification.
• Global fucntion definitions: Define reusable functions in the global context.
• Trigger on open: Define actions that will be executed when the database is opened.
- Trigger on open is now supported
Ratings and Reviews
Works well and great support
I spent years developing big Access databases with SQL backend. I like Access so that makes me a little odd but Ninox is doing a good job. I switched to Mac and never liked my options until this. I sculpt and update from my phone, add photos and then later may use the Mac for some work, printing inventory etc. Recently found a bug in navigation and the folks in Germany had it fixed in 48 hours. If I read the manual I would likely love it more but I am busy sculpting.
The BEST Database, look no further.
Yes, this is one of the BEST!
I’ve been a Ninox user for over a year and I’m amazed at what can be accomplished with Ninox. I’ve personally built a cloud based construction bid system with Ninox and I’m currently expanding it to handle inventory management. I’ve seen others do even large database projects. For those who are unfamiliar with databases, it might seem a little hard to figure out at first. Yes, I’ll admit that the manual might be a little lacking and hard to understand without prior knowledge but there are other alternatives. The value in the free weekly Webinars easily makes up for the manual (sign up through the support page on the company’s website). At the Webinars, you can bring your issues directly up to the pros and other users who may have similar issues. There are also additional Webinars which you’ll learn about and loads of additional templates available when part of the Webinar group. Most companies would charge you extra for such features. The company listens to it’s users and creates more value with each revision. If you are looking for a database look no further, you found it. See you in the Webinar!
Former Bento User
Since FileMaker got rid of Bento and over took it with an expensive version, I could no longer trust them anymore.
Since then I have tried different databases and came across Ninox. Took me a little while to figure it out as I use it for various database projects! I no longer miss Bento, so FileMaker lost a customer, and from what I have seen, many others. That’s what happens with greed! I gave this a five star because I totally enjoy using it now! Great Job Ninox!
Only thing I would like to see is a lock for it. Is their one?
Since many use this for business, I would think their should be. It is worth giving it a five star rating. Try it, you will like it!
- Ninox Software GmbH
- 9.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Ninox Software GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Ninox Cloud 1 user, 2 GB, monthly $9.99
- Ninox Cloud 5 users, 10 GB, monthly $29.99
- Ninox Cloud 10 users, 20 GB, monthly $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.