To assist healthcare and non-healthcare facilities (e.g., correctional facilities) in planning and optimizing the use of PPE resources for the response to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has developed the NIOSH Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Tracker. This tool can be used for planning PPE use outside the context of COVID-19, where PPE shortages may also occur due to supply chain issues related to the COVID-19 response (e.g., manufacturing facilities).
The NIOSH PPE Tracker app will calculate the average consumption rate, also referred to as a “burn rate.” Healthcare personnel or facilities can use this app to track the number of full boxes of each component of PPE that they have in stock, such as gowns or respirators. They can enter these numbers to estimate the remaining supply of PPE based on the average consumption rate. Users of this tool can also enter the number of patients at their facility. The app will calculate the PPE burn rate per patient to help healthcare personnel track changes in PPE usage as the number of patients being cared for fluctuates. Based on the PPE Burn Rate Calculator Excel spreadsheet, the app features several improvements, including an easy-to-use interface and the ability to add restock.
• This easy-to-use tool tracks different types of PPE, such as gowns, gloves, surgical masks, respirators, face shields, and more.
• Track inventory by number of boxes or number of individual units.
• Add restock when calculating inventory totals.
• Calculate burn rate by type of PPE (such as gloves) and for specific units (such as small gloves).
• Calculate PPE burn rate by the number of patients being treated and track changes in PPE usage as the number of patients fluctuates.
• Download inventory and burn rate data and share reports via email.
• Fix bug related to calculation date range validation
• Fix bug with Daily Entry slow to return to the status screen
• Fix calendar bugs
• Add busy indicator on status and report pages while the report loads
• Security Updates
Ratings and Reviews
They update their app and now all it does is glitch and kick me off the app. It doesn’t run as smooth as it did anymore. It’s lagging and overall a pain to enter my numbers
Developer Response ,
We’re sorry to see you’re having issues with the update to PPE Tracker and would like to help you get this resolved ASAP.
If you are willing to provide any additional details on what actions are occurring when the crash occurs that would help us diagnose the issue. Any screen shots, device model, and OS version would also be helpful. Please send an email to email@example.com.
Your feedback is always helpful in helping us get the best product possible out there.
NIOSH PPE Tracker Team CDC
This is Amazing
I run a delivery business and our work is essential. This app is extremely helpful for my business and keeping my workers safe!
Has really helped
Thank for finally providing this app
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 117 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Centers for Disease Control and Prevention