Relax more, sailing with the marine-App for your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Entertainment and navigation at sea have never been so much fun. Now your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch can connect to your ship's network and navigation system and give you all the important information quickly and easily in your hand.
Whether it is navigation data, wind speed or water depth, your new crew member "NMEAremote" shows at a glance everything that you need to know.
Be mobile and connect your iPhone to all your NMEA devices over WLAN with a NMEA/RS232 - WiFi converter such as "Miniplex-2Wi", "iMux", "iAIS", "Seamate 1A LITE" or a computer with the appropriate software.
● NMEA 0183/2000 compatible, combine with any marine network
● Alarms: Many preconfigured alarms (e.g. Anchoralarm) either showing a popup, coloring the display or playing a sound
● multifunction display
● bold, easy to read displays
● easy to use chapter and page control
● Favorite Pages, Page Roll, Environments, Server
● several Display themes
● 'unlimited' NMEA log
● visual indicator for NMEA activity
● outdated values will be dimmed and at least reseted
● Rules: Block, Mask Time and TalkerID for each NMEA sentence
● independent configurable units for speed, distance, depth, wind speed
● iPad fullscreen support
● Race Timer with laps
● Multitasking / Fast App Switching,
● Background Logging (Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
● Connection Log
● Waypoints/Routes & MOB functionality (GPX&KML import)
CANboat (actisense serial | iptee)
DMK Box (NMEA 0183 & NMEA 2000)
DY: iAIS / WLN10
GoFree™ Tier 1
GMM (NMEA 0183 & N2k)
iMux (AdHoc) & iMux / eMux (DHCP)
nke NMEA Wifi Interface
NMEA over IP
Open Skipper (N2k Datagram)
SeaSmart.NET (NMEA 0183 & NMEA 2000)
ShipModul MiniPlex-2Wi / MiniPlex-3Wi(-N2K)
XB 8000 / Watch Mate Vision
Core Location (iOS GPS)
Bad Elf GPS
Dual XGPS 150/160
GNS 2000 / 5870 MFI
Redpark GPS Cable
NOT Supported Devices:
● Garmin GNT 10
● Raymarine Wifi devices
(these manufacturers are not interested in collaborating and still keeping their systems secret)
Displayed Data (if available from marine network or calculated)
● GPS: LAT/LON, COG/SOG, BTW, DTW, VMG, XTE, TTG (calculated from DTW/ VMG), satellites in view & azimuth, elevation, SNR
● Sounder: depth (surface/keel), min/max depth
● Weather: app. & true wind, app. & true close hauled, max. wind speed, Beaufort (from true wind speed), wind direction (from true wind angle and heading), water & air temperature, air pressure, humidity, wave height, current set & drift
● Velocity: current speed, max. speed, VMG, log / trip
● Heading: magnetic / true heading, deviation, variation, turn (difference between heading and COG). leeway
● distance and bearing to laylines, startline (Expedition)
● Engine: RPM, Oil Pressure & Temp., Alternator, Fuel, Trim, Hours & Dual Engine Support
Supported NMEA 0183 Sentences:
● GLL, RMC, RMB, VTG, XTE, GGA, GSA, GSV, ZDA
● VHW, VLW, VBW
● MWD, MWV, MDA, VWR, VWT, MTW, MTA, MMB, MHU, MWH, VDR, VPW
● DBT, DPT
● HDG, HDM, HDT
● PCDIN, PGN, NTWOK (Open Skipper)
● PBGTTBS, PBGTVMG, PSILTBS, PMAROUT
Supported NMEA 2000 Sentences:
● PGN127250, PGN127257, PGN127488, PGN127489, PGN127505, PGN128259, PGN128267, PGN128275
● PGN129025, PGN129026, PGN129283, PGN129291, PGN129539, PGN129540
● PGN130306, PGN130310, PGN130311, PGN129539, PGN129540
For any questions, support or suggestions please send an e mail to email@example.com
XDR assignments (multiple values per sensor)
SignalK default settings
Fixed GoFree™ crash on iOS 9.3.3
● Waypoint & Route Dump/Export
● Improved 'Goto' usablity
Offset for AWA, Depth and HDG
Factor for AWS, Boat Speed
● Rudder Display (LED & Analog)
● Precipitation Intensity
● NMEA Sentences:
RSA: Rudder Angle
WPL: Waypoint List
● iOS 9.3
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
No longer functional
If you don’t already have a data source configured, the app just crashes when you try to add one. Contacted the author in early April and he said an update was coming, but has not responded since then.
Shame because I’ve used it in the past and it’s great when it works.
Love this app
However, it crashed when receiving NMEA of TCP/IP on iOS 10.2, which is a bummer. I use this app underway all the time. I miss it. Please update soon!
Update: I did figure out how to turn off sentences that make crash (which aren’t even on my network anyway). This is the most useful app I have in my arsenal. I don’t sail with out it. My Mac below decks runs PolarNavy and does all the heavy lifting while I sit on deck with this app. Works great!
Developer Response ,
Sorry for this issue. Since iOS 10 there is a problem, with AIS data. I just fixed it for the next update, but this will sit need some time. A workaround is to open NMEAremote while Wifi is off and block the "VDM" and VDO" sentences in the rules at the source configuration.
Crashes when adding any data
Even crashes when adding location services.
- 10.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011-2016 Michael Zapf
- In-App Purchases
- Display Editor
- Polar $4.99
- Expedition $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.